Cleaning New Bubbler

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Cleaning New Bubbler

Postby wil » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:01 am

So Ive got my Blockhead from the STARS at 5 Star Distilling :happy-partydance: :dance: :happy-partydance: :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Beeauutifulll bit of gear as we all know,
so have given it a good soapy wash & will probably give it another as Im feeling a bit butchers hook at the moment & don't want to get too involved in anything too lengthy in case I can't finish it.
But I need to be doing something with the Bubbler. so this morning I degreased the copper coil packing twice, rinsed then a citirc acid boil for a few minutes looks all bright & blingy now so its ready for a sac run of feints when im feeling a bit better.might even roll the copper packing into little bundles, fit the plumbing fittings & I was fortunate enough the Mate Big D :handgestures-thumbupleft: welded up a 2" ferule to a keg for the 2400W element for me Thank's Again Big D so might give it a tickle, also had a Leco mate come & wire the element for me :handgestures-thumbupleft: Man what would a bloke do if ya didn't have good mates (part with more $$$ & miss out on face to face interaction & piss taking with laughter thown in).Gotta go again need to ogle the Bubbler some more.
Wil
wil

equipment: 4" FSD Blockhead Neutralizer on a 50L keg boiler with FSD 2400Watt element

Return to Plated Column Stills