Stainless steel bubbler

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: Stainless steel bubbler

Postby MacStill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 pm

The funniest part is the Glow doesnt realise that we bubble builders actually speak to each other about what's going on, and most of us have seen this still before :laughing-rolling:

Kind of reminds of an add about poor quality salmon, the ones John West rejected :text-lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Cane Toad » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Right,I now have a nice fresh UJ and dry in front of me :handgestures-thumbupleft: Right,I just checked out the alibaba link,Glow,your pic is MUCH better :handgestures-thumbupleft: ,I'd say you used a nikon camera and the photo from alibaba was taken on a box brownie :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
That's about the only difference I can see :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Hang about,my throat is hurting,need some more lubrication :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: and a piss,I'll be right back :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby Cane Toad » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm

OD,they can buy the drinks and I'll buy the feed :handgestures-thumbupleft: A true pioneer in every sense of the word :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Now back to the topic at hand :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: ,Glow,....Glow.....you there buddy???? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

Postby R-sole » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 am

olddog wrote:You can't fool the Olddog, I was the one who re-designed these things for home use in the first place. :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener:

OD

A claim that is disputed vehemently elsewhere :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Had a couple hours spare today so knocked this up out in the shed, it's amazing what you can do with a soldering iron and a file.

column still example.jpg

:laughing-rolling: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :laughing-rolling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Woulda been a bit rough on ya rat tail filing all those site glass holes out :teasing-tease:
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 pm

How many bubble caps per plate Mac? I hope 5Star gave you a bulk buy discount ;-) ;-) ;-)

EDIT Can't fkn spell :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

Postby Glow » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Awww now your laughing at me, I thought I was special.
I will be honest, I did not weld this thing together, I can't weld for the life of me, braze yes weld no.
I work at a chemical company and was discussing my Grumpy Old Man still with one of the engineers.
And lets face it. Anything is better than a Grumpy.
Showed him McStills rig and he was impressed, we have S/S stuff but no copper.
We hunted around on the web for some designs and found this picture.
I actually got in touch with the Chinese who make them, maybe sell them in competion to the Brewcraft Turbo 500 thingamabob.
If I can get enough interest I will have a go at selling them, not everyone wants to make their own and they do look good.
Don't know if they work until I get one and see, I have ordered a sample as a trial to see the workmanship etc.
Lorry, my engineer friend laughed and said he could do better.
And so he did, the condensor on mine, I think is better but other than that its more or less as the picture looks.
Afterall that was the plan.
We costed up all the parts and labour and just the two condensors came in at a whopping $1175.00 and thats before we even looked at the tower.
So mine is worth close to $2000, Geordi is a ripoff if you ask me.
Thank the stars I did not have to pay for the labour and welding rods but I did promise a few bottles when I had it running.
Like I said, I thought I was special, but obviously China has beaten me with the proverbial cane.
But it still looks nice and shiny and its mine, so I am happy.
Glow

equipment: 2 x 30L Fermenters, 900mm x 100mm Bubbler Tower on a 50L Boiler

Postby emptyglass » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

I don't know where you are getting you prices, but they are ripping you :violence-stickwhack:
I could make you a copper one for the "price" of your condensors.

Whats your angle here, you gunna make and sell a copy of a chinese still, thats a copy of stills made by blokes here??
ETA, Good luck on that.
emptyglass

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:28 pm

I will be honest

Bout fucken time

If I can get enough interest I will have a go at selling them

How did I know this was your plan? :laughing-rolling:

You dont even understand the design or how it works, do some research and run the bloody things before you go trying to bullshit people that know more bout the distillation process than you do.

So mine is worth close to $2000

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm

I only have one question for Glow......why did you choose from day one....if memory serves me correctly, to have a link at the bottom of your "equipment section".
The link in question lead on the occasion that I clicked on it to some sort of Golf Buggy batteries for sale????
I had my suspicions from that day on. This is hardly the place to be trying to flog batteries or anything else unrelated to distilling for that matter.
I notice its not there now and presume Mac or yourself removed it.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm

SBB wrote:I had my suspicions from that day on. This is hardly the place to be trying to flog batteries or anything else unrelated to distilling for that matter.
I notice its not there now and presume Mac or yourself removed it.

Guess again :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Stig still visits our forum even though his arse is hanging out with work, he removed it while we were on the phone due to our "comercial advertising" rule that this member just cant seem to get through his thick head.

One more attempt at advertising from Glow is all he needs to take his problem elsewhere permanently ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Nice one Stiggy :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: I for one dont want the forum cluttered up with shit like that.
SBB
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 pm

We dont have many rules here due to the good nature of the membership, however the rules we do have will be enforced without pedjudice :handgestures-thumbupleft:

http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=267
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby LWTCS » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 pm

As I recall, this alibubba outfit is merely an export middleman. They cruz the webs looking for what's hot.
Then try and jump on the band wagon and kill the competition by virtues of economy of scale production schedules. They are manufacturing brokers. Am I correct?
LWTCS

equipment: 52 liter primary boiler
Quad thumping system
4500 watt W/100% variable controller

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 pm

LWTCS wrote:As I recall, this alibubba outfit is merely an export middleman. They cruz the webs looking for what's hot.
Then try and jump on the band wagon and kill the competition by virtues of economy of scale production schedules. They are manufacturing brokers. Am I correct?

Could be correct yes, but then maybe not ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby QLD.Andy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 pm

http://www.alibaba.com/ is kind of like a Chinese version of amazon.com
You can search for just about anything that could be ripped off by the Chinese and find it in bulk (and single units)
Its actually not a bad site but you do need to remember that EVERYTHING is fake.
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby MacStill » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:55 pm

I dont care Andy, just happy to see that avatar again :teasing-tease:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby QLD.Andy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I know, I miss you as well mate :puke-huge: :text-lol:
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby The Stig » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:21 pm

McStill wrote:
SBB wrote:Stig still visits our forum even though his arse is hanging out with work, he removed it while we were on the phone

Sorry for my absence guys, work work work.
As the song goes "I owe, I owe, so its off to work I go :laughing-rolling:
Shall we call this strike 2 for Glow ???? :text-offtopic:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

PreviousNext

Return to Plated Column Stills