Storage for your column

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Storage for your column

Postby twojaythomo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:05 am

Anyone made a storage box for there columns, I move every few years and was thinking of a way to pack it up when I move soon.
twojaythomo

equipment: 4" Bubbler, keg boiler with 2 elements and voltage regulator.

Re: Storage for your column

Postby hillzabilly » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:17 pm

I bought a few of the masters butchers plastic tubs ,they are heavy duty and keep everything safe and dry,with a couple of old towels to stop any scratching,not cheap but do the job well.I actually sent my bros still from Perth ta Melbourne in a couple as well.I would not go wood or cardboard because of moisture and pestilence ,I also got plastic caps from FSD for all ferrules so you can seal everything up when you store or move,and a few old Tupperware tubs for plates and clamps and spare seals.cheers hillzabilly ;-)
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:33 pm

hillzabilly wrote:plastic caps from FSD for all ferrules so you can seal everything up

Funny, we don’t get supplied with them any more :angry-banghead:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby hillzabilly » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:03 pm

That's a shame we have small wasps over here that love building a nest in any small tube ,like my shotty ,the caps help ta keep stuff out,I will treat mine a little better then,have seen the odd one at other suppliers but well worth asking around for .cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Return to Plated Column Stills