Blond bubbler complete

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: Blond bubbler complete

Postby 1 2many » Wed May 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Damn fine rig you have there great job love the flow meter .Got to go to the start of this thread and start over . Don't know how i missed it.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby blond.chap » Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Brendan wrote:Should prob have a thread on this...I'll start one to avoid dragging this on...

Good call mate, could a mod please shift this discussion to a new thread in the accessories section so we can find it later, something like Flowmeters (rotameters).

Thanks 12many, it's starting to remind me of a darlek with all of the meters and controls sticking out of it.
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Postby googe » Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks 12many, it's starting to remind me of a darlek with all of the meters and controls sticking out of it.

Paris does like her jewelry ;-)
googe

Postby blond.chap » Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 pm

OK, ran with the rotameter and RC in temperature. It was pretty interesting, above 1.5Lpm is full reflux for my still,about 1Lpm is a slow fores bleed, then about 0.75 is for hearts collection.

The other interesting thing to watch was how small changes in the flow increase the RC in temperature (because its fed from the PC). When I decrease the RC flow, more vapour gets condensed in the PC, and the residence time in the PC increases. The result is that small flow rate changes take about 2-3 minutes to reach a steady state. Which is why small adjustments are important when tweaking a bubbler.
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Previous

Return to Plated Column Stills