3" boka bubbler

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

3" boka bubbler

Postby stimson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Me and a mate have been discussing how we could build a 3" perforated plate bubbler without the need of building the two shot gun condensors - deflag and product condensor. So what we though of is to have the plated column section as normal but instead of the deflag condensor on top use a the bok condensor head with slant plates to get the reflux. When you want product just open the valve on the bok head. I don't see the need for the 2nd condensor as we are just drawing of product as if we were using a bok head. The 2nd condensor would only cool the product in this setup. I'm not sure that we need an alcometer reading as when tails are near the lower plates in the column start to dry up. We can get our alcohol % reading once the product cools down.

Does this sound reasonable or are we missing something and we need to have to two condensors with the run of the mill bubbler setup? We are just looking to utilize bit of other stills we already have and produce the same result as a normal bubbler build cheaper.
stimson

equipment: 2" bokabob
2" pot still
3" flute
4" flute
25L boiler
50L boiler

Re: 3" boka bubbler

Postby emptyglass » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

You'll get similar quality, but you wont get the speed that a proper bubbler can produce.
emptyglass

Re: 3" boka bubbler

Postby crow » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:56 pm

still would need to be open to the atmosphere somehow and yeah sounds to me like Bok speed at plate quality :think:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Return to Plated Column Stills