4" modular plated column design?

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

4" modular plated column design?

Postby newbiboozer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 am

Hi so I've given up on the bokakab idea and going straight for a plated column. It may be wishful thinking but was wondering if anyone has a drawing or just some good basic design specs that work. Plate spacing rc height PC size downcomer size cup size are all things I need to work out. Also the packed section how tall and is it an add in at the base for neutrals. Is there any reason I can't go straight to a 4" triclamp off my boiler to the column I see most go 2" then up to 4". Is the reflux controlled by rc coolant flow.
newbiboozer

equipment: 4" modular plated column in very early stages.

Re: 4" modular plated column design?

Postby Linno » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Mate

Theres a couple of good build threads here with all that info in there i would take a look at Brendans bubbler build and Linny's thread for a start :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Re: 4" modular plated column design?

Postby punchy21 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:11 pm

newbiboozer wrote:It may be wishful thinking but was wondering if anyone has a drawing or just some good basic design specs that work.

Try this - viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3819&hilit

newbiboozer wrote:Is there any reason I can't go straight to a 4" triclamp off my boiler to the column I see most go 2" then up to 4".

Nope no reason, it won't change performance of the still some have the 4" for easier access for cleaning etc...

newbiboozer wrote:Is the reflux controlled by rc coolant flow.

Yep :handgestures-thumbupleft:
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Return to Plated Column Stills