Big up's to 5 Star

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Big up's to 5 Star

Postby greenguy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey guy's i know people have said it a million times all ready but damn these unit's are good
I'm running outside in around 12C it's blowing hard and I'm still cranking out easily 2.5 litres a hour the product is amazing im running 3rd gen ujssm taste is better than i have had before bar nothing atm im running on gas but cant wait till im inside the house
To much Mac & Ms Mac
A very happy camper :handgestures-thumbupleft:
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Re: Big up's to 5 Star

Postby greenguy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:51 pm

O and im sitting at around 92-93% :happy-partydance:
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby MacStill » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Seems there's a fair few happy NZ crew running their FSD rigs today, prolly over your back fence :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Fatherjack » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 am

MacStill wrote:Seems there's a fair few happy NZ crew running their FSD rigs today, prolly over your back fence :laughing-rolling:

Big up's to 5 Star :text-+1: :text-thankyoublue:

Mac & Mrs Mac are doing a great job, another very happy camper here :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Fatherjack

equipment: 50l keg boiler
Mac pot still

Postby tipsy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:13 pm

greenguy wrote:Hey guy's i know people have said it a million times all ready but damn these unit's are good

Don't worry about saying it again. When I was looking at buying a still I was going by feedback of other people.
Nothing worse than buying something over the internet and it's not quite as good as the picture.
With 5Star the pictures don't do them justice. You need to feel the weight of them :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I'm just glad I found this site and didn't purchase a HBS rig.
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby Petulance » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Just quietly .... I had a ball making my own 4 inch bubbler ... took me about 6 months...

And now I look at the 5 star range and wish ....... it would have cost the same, and the unit would have been vertical, and I wouldn't be chasing leaks, and I wouldn't be wondering about the need to polish modules, and the quality would have been absolutely wonderful (instead of "it will do")....

Look and listen!!!

If your want to spend the time and effort ... make your own still... it's not like you're lacking advice on this site, is it???

If you want a still that will work from day one, and produce great results ... look at the 5 Star range ... they don't just look good you know!

p.s. I don't gots one ... but I wishes I did!!!
Petulance

equipment: 4 plate 4 inch modular copper bubbler with 300 mm packed or unpacked extension on 50 litre SS keg. All my own work. It ain't pretty, but it's all mine!

Return to Plated Column Stills