wiifm's glasser build

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: wiifm's glasser build

Postby Lowie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:29 pm

woodduck wrote:Nice mods mate, she looks real sexy all cleaned up :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The drain holes are a great addition, they help alot.

I cleaned mine the other day but did it slightly different. I've made a 4" blanking plate that I triclamp to the bottom of the colomn and I then just fill her up with citric acid and leave it for a day or two, empty it out and give it a good flush with water, works a treat :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Hey Woody, How often do you do a clean like this (number of runs)? I give mine a good flush with water after each run but never get the etanol (particularly rum!) smell out. Cheers. Lowie
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Re: wiifm's glasser build

Postby woodduck » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:00 am

Probably not often enough Lowie. I don't even rince half the time, I let the fores wash it out next run :o :laughing-rolling:

Probably every 15- 20 runs at a guess. I usually just wait till the plates look pretty black and manky. Can't say I've noticed if the smell has gone, I'll check up on that one.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Previous

Return to Plated Column Stills