Paddo's 3" Glass Bubbler Build

Perforated & bubble cap plated columns

Re: Paddo's 3" Glass Bubbler Build

Postby Paddosbrew » Fri May 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks Rummy, me too :)

Hi Scythe, I got it from a non-working Coleman Hot-Water-On-Demand Unit. Kept it cause I thought it may come in useful for something.........
Paddosbrew

equipment: 3" Glass Bubbler

Postby woodduck » Fri May 29, 2015 6:13 pm

Well done paddo :clap:

She looks great mate. I bet you can't wait to crank her up.

I've used those volt regulators on both of my stills and i personally haven't had an issue with them, not to say you won't. I just keep a spare on hand just incase.

The only thing i see that might cause a problem would be the 1/4" tube on your parrot. I think it might be a bit small for the output of your beast. my 4" bubbler runs at 2- 2 1/2ltrs an hour on a normal run without the thumper so just something to keep an eye on i guess.

Once again well done mate, there's nothing like watching the first run on your own bubbler. Keep us updated :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Paddosbrew » Fri May 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks Duck,
Your glasser was definitely one that inspired me :-D

I've done a couple of cleaning runs and the parrot goes fine, I just have to watch for airlock in the entry tube; it happened on my 2nd run - no biggie, I just stuck a pipe cleaner in for a second and all good.

I might grab a spare regulator; good idea!!!

I have a 40l CFW and a 25l TPW fermenting atm............ can't wait to run them :happy-partydance:
Paddosbrew

Postby woodduck » Fri May 29, 2015 8:47 pm

good to hear it works ok, i just thought I'd mention it anyway.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Paddosbrew » Sat May 30, 2015 7:35 am

I may have it wrong, maybe its 3/8" that I've used for the parrot.

I have a roll of 1/4" OD that I used in my domestic refrigeration repair days which I used for my easy flanges. That pipe would definitely be too small.

What I used for my parrot is 1/4" ID, and because my 1/2" pipe measures 1/2" inside diameter, I assumed that the 1/4" would be the same....???
Paddosbrew

Postby woodduck » Sat May 30, 2015 9:42 am

If it's bigger than your easy flange rings it must be 3/8" which is why it's ok. I thought 1/4" seemed a tad small cause my first parrot was and there's no way it would keep up to my bubbler.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby Paddosbrew » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Now that I got the ACTUAL size of my outlet sorted, how do I edit my original posts to correct them???? :doh:
Paddosbrew

Postby Sam. » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:14 pm

Paddosbrew wrote:Now that I got the ACTUAL size of my outlet sorted, how do I edit my original posts to correct them???? :doh:

You can't, I can.

But if I change the original the rest won't make sense when reading the thread ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Paddosbrew » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks Sam, best left alone then I guess :?
If the thread is read right through with enough interest, they'll get it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Paddosbrew

Postby Sam. » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Paddosbrew wrote:Thanks Sam, best left alone then I guess :?
If the thread is read right through with enough interest, they'll get it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

That's the idea with a good build thread mate, others can read through it and learn a heap themselves :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Previous

Return to Plated Column Stills