i live in hope that i can copy it one day :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Re: S.D's turn at bubblers

Postby Frank » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:55 pm

C'mon SD
what does it work like??!
I mean... get your hand off it (ie the 'polishing' and pictures) and start with the distilling :laughing-rolling: :teasing-neener: .

Afterall, a pretty looking and clean collection of metal and glass is just that.....(mind you, it is certainly a VERY PRETTY and clean-looking WORK OF ART :handgestures-thumbupleft: ).... I reckon it'll work a treat too BTW :dance:
Frank

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Frank
you wouldn't be able to imagine how good this thing is, all I can say is Its awesome :dance: :dance: :dance:
3 ring burner flat out and pulling 2.4 lph at 92-93% abv
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby olddog » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OD
olddog

equipment: Flute Mk 11 4 plate column with single 2" bubble caps

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Frank wrote:C'mon SD
I mean... get your hand off it (ie the 'polishing' and pictures) and start with the distilling

Frank
In the last 5 days I have done , 1 x 40ltr stripping run with my 2 1/2" pot, 1 x 40ltr spirit run with my 3" boka and 2 x 36 ltr runs with the new bubbler with another run to do tomorrow with the bubbler, I've got that much spirit here atm I wont have to make neutral for about 4-5 mths and that much rum here I'm starting to wonder where to store it all , I'm going to do 3 x 5 ltr gin runs by the end of the week as well :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Umm, hows that airstill of yours? :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller

Postby Frank » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:36 pm

stubbydrainer wrote:In the last 5 days I have done ...... ( (-| :character-oldtimer: :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah: )....

Umm, hows that airstill of yours? :....

Hey SD
my Airstill is ok and thanks very much for asking (yet AGAIN :roll: ).
However (as I've told you before) you can't have it...yet :naughty: :hand: and I would appeciate it if you just went back to using your current setup until further notice ;-). Sorry for any inconvenience mate.
Frank

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:38 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

Postby SBB » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Frank it works really well once the operator gets his act together and turns on/off the correct taps ;-) ......lets just say there was a small teething problem that lasted about an hour at the begining........after that it was all :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Damn,
Mount Gay sampling for comparisons is not good :teasing-tease:
stubbydrainer

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 pm

What! Only 2.4! :handgestures-thumbdown: you need the 747 mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: With the Mac Special I got,really pushing it,5.5-6,should be getting at least 4,if not send it up here and I'll see what's wrong with it :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Look good all shinty and new hangin off the wall in my living room. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: But seriously,only 2.4,you could have bought an Airstill or t500 and still pull the same amount :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:45 pm

I'll get to know it's habits a bit more BD, Or should I say learn how to drive it first,
then I'll open it up n see how hard it revs :auto-dirtbike:
stubbydrainer

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 pm

2.5 LPH is not to bad for keeping your cuts tight, the quicker you run the more chance of smearing ;-)

I've found my product improves dramatically the slower I run it & 2.5 LPH is right on that sweet spot, you'll also get fuck all tails if you go steady :dance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Although still pretty green on the cuts sorting,I think I'm getting there and I reckon I had a successful "maiden voyage" . I did have it producing 400ml every 6 1/2-7 min I decided to keep a handle on it and take it slow
The product was good enough that SBB and I even had a drink straight from the still :-D were we thought the middle of the hearts were, comparing it to SBB brilliant product from the oak barrel and a bottle of mount gay, it lacked the oak but very drinkable just the same, I can't wait for 2-3 months to pass to see how it turns out, 5 ltrs @ 65% went into SBB's little oak barrel today :dance:
stubbydrainer

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Sounds about spot on to me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Mac
Can you tell me what signs these thing give you if your pushing it too hard ?
stubbydrainer

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Basically you'll get temp spikes & push heads through in the beginning, and towards the end you'll get tails too early.... what you did today was spot on compared to my typical runs with wash's I treat special ;-)

Sounds like SBB was listening to me and passed the info on, you guys are both doing well if these are the results your getting.

Good stuff :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Na,send it up here anyways,I'll even chip in for the freight :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Yep, SBB is a good mentor, there's no doubt there, Wait till ya try out his cooking , He's a camp oven Master ;-)
stubbydrainer

Postby stubbydrainer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Big Don wrote:Na,send it up here anyways,I'll even chip in for the freight :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Bite my arse :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

Postby SBB » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

stubbydrainer wrote:The product was good enough that SBB and I even had a drink straight from the still :-D were we thought the middle of the hearts were

Those couple of rums straight outta the spout made the day Draino......they really did taste pretty good I think.......much better than anything I produced in my first couple of runs. I reckon thats stuff going to come up a treat given a month or two in that little barrel. In the mean time WTF am I supposed to keep my rum in :laughing-rolling: If ya hadnt been so protective of those jars i woulda had a couple more :laughing-rolling:
Anyway it was a top day and night....just hope Ive leaned enough to help out a bit.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Previous

Return to Plated Column Stills