Copper spinning

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

Copper spinning

Postby kickarum » Fri May 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi all
Hope I'm in the right area for this. I'm in the process of making some metal spinning attachments for for my lathe, basically just copying what I've watched on you tube. I hope to spin up a couple of copper half domes which I would like to incorporate in a pot still build I'm trying to get designed.
Anyone out there have experience in spinning copper? any tips would be well appreciated, metal thickness, Revs, metal stretch etc. Thanks in advance Mick.
P.S Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, couldn't find anything on metal spinning in a search.
kickarum

equipment: Penny Copper pot still, 50L Keg/Boiler

Re: Copper spinning

Postby MacStill » Fri May 09, 2014 5:38 pm

moved topic to the work bench for you :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: Copper spinning

Postby SBB » Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 pm

From memory someone here built a pot still a while back and spun some of the Boiler parts. Not sure were the post is though.
I think it might have been this one but could be wrong. http://www.aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=3360&p=52906
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Return to Tips From The Workbench