2" threaded hole on top of keg????

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

2" threaded hole on top of keg????

Postby Rumking » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 am

Hi again guys
As mentioned in my last thread, I'm converting a keg to a boiler and installing 2x fsd weldless elements into.
Now the keg I'm using may or may not be a very similar style to coopers with the spear being "A" type. I've pulled the spear out no problems, after a little reading that is. It screws out with what appears to be a nice 2" thread.
My question is,can I just attach the colum to this using a 2" Farrell, or even better would fsd screw in ferral attachment to it it know the adapter is designed for the T500 boilers but was hopping it may fit a stranded keg too.

My other option would be to plug that hole with a cap, again a screw in 2" fitting and do the build upside down like Darwin done and use it as a drain port???

Any recommendation or advice for this type of keg
Rumking

equipment: 5L Airstill recent upgrade to 25L s/steel pot still.

Re: 2" threaded hole on top of keg????

Postby Rush006 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:10 pm

most if not all of the FSD stuff will clamp straight to the 2" flange with a triclamp and a step-down from what ever size still to 2"
. hope this helps. after building my Keg boiler I wish i had went the extra work and turned the keg upside-down
Rush006

equipment: mac4 ssg

Postby 1 2many » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Rush006 wrote:most if not all of the FSD stuff will clamp straight to the 2" flange with a triclamp and a step-down from what ever size still to 2"
. hope this helps. after building my Keg boiler I wish i had went the extra work and turned the keg upside-down

:text-+1: I am glad I flipped mine over, it's a great move. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby res » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:32 pm

:text-+1:
The value of the bottom drain can't be overstated. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Return to Tips From The Workbench