rerounding 6" copper pipe

Posts in this forum should be a complete method, educational, with pics where applicable,posts made in this area that don't fit this criteria will be moved at mods discretion.

Re: rerounding 6" copper pipe

Postby warramungas » Sun May 29, 2016 7:31 pm

WTDist wrote:
warramungas wrote:I dont really care if my stills are pretty, if you look at my 2" bubbler you'll see what I mean, so long as they are efficient and effective.

amen :))

Maybe it is best to make it into a thumper, do you have a scrappy near you that you may have a chance of finding some 6" one day?

hmm imagine that, 6" still with 12" thumper :scared-eek:

A 12" inch thumper, that sounds familiar actually. I think my wife called it that on our honeymoon!
Naaah. Just messin with ya. I dont fold it in half for anyone! :))

Regardless, that would hold about 20 liters of distillate. To be effective i would need something like a 200 liter boiler with a 10% charge.
That's a lot of spirits!!!
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby WTDist » Sun May 29, 2016 7:35 pm

warramungas wrote:
WTDist wrote:
warramungas wrote:I dont really care if my stills are pretty, if you look at my 2" bubbler you'll see what I mean, so long as they are efficient and effective.

amen :))

Maybe it is best to make it into a thumper, do you have a scrappy near you that you may have a chance of finding some 6" one day?

hmm imagine that, 6" still with 12" thumper :scared-eek:

A 12" inch thumper, that sounds familiar actually. I think my wife called it that on our honeymoon!
Naaah. Just messin with ya. I dont fold it in half for anyone! :))

Regardless, that would hold about 20 liters of distillate. To be effective i would need something like a 200 liter boiler with a 10% charge.
That's a lot of spirits!!!

lol i would do it if i could :))
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby warramungas » Mon May 30, 2016 10:30 am

I suppose if i did build a thumper that size I could just use adjustable height downcomers so I can adjust its volume as suited to the amount of alcohol in the wash.
The only scrappy near me is about 5 or 6 hours away but I have a free run at most of the skips here.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Previous

Return to Tips From The Workbench