Page 1 of 1

cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:06 pm
by Astro
I've had a gut full of this bloody 2" opening, time to order some bits and pieces and get a decent boiler happening
before.jpg

rag.jpg

after.jpg

ragonastick.png

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm
by bluc
Lol yep I know your pain.. :laughing-rolling: imagine whats its like up on top inside :puke-huge:

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:22 pm
by Astro
bluc wrote:Lol yep I know your pain.. :laughing-rolling: imagine whats its like up on top inside :puke-huge:

miniature dunder pit lol :puke-huge:

Some nice build threads, thinking of a single 6" port on top and use a reducer
:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:40 pm
by woodduck
Astro wrote:
Some nice build threads, thinking of a single 6" port on top and use a reducer
:handgestures-thumbupleft:


Only problem would be taking your still off every time you wanted to fill it. You would want a 2" fill port on top as well I'd recon :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:47 pm
by Astro
woodduck wrote:
Astro wrote:
Some nice build threads, thinking of a single 6" port on top and use a reducer
:handgestures-thumbupleft:


Only problem would be taking your still off every time you wanted to fill it. You would want a 2" fill port on top as well I'd recon :handgestures-thumbupleft:


You guys with bubblers leave your still attached when not in use? My plan is to take it apart

General idea is to have the biggest opening i can to get in to clean and fill it.

Inverted keg, 2 x element ports, 6 inch ferrule on top and 2 inch drain

Will take measurements tomorrow of my spare keg and see what size spare port i can fit on top

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:27 pm
by The Stig
Astro wrote:
You guys with bubblers leave your still attached when not in use?


I always leave the thing assembled :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:15 pm
by bluc
Yep same

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:42 pm
by Professor Green
I break mine down and run all the stainless bits through the dishwasher.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:31 pm
by Minijcw
Is there enough room on top of keg to keep your 2 inch and then mount a 6 inch beside it.

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:38 pm
by Astro
Minijcw wrote:Is there enough room on top of keg to keep your 2 inch and then mount a 6 inch beside it.


probably but ill be upgrading stills sooner rather then later, boiler without a drain is a pain in the arse.

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 pm
by scythe
Who says fill port has to be next to the still mount?
Have it offset so that it it enters to top of the keg near the outside of the keg diameter.
You could even have it enter the boiler top at 45°.

Just depends on how you intend to fill your boiler as to how much room you need.
Pump?
Bucket?
Funnels and bucket?

And hey lets not forget about a sight glass on the boiler while we are at it.

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:52 pm
by Sam.
Yeah :text-+1: with scythe a site glass to see whats going on in invaluable when you start rum or whisky washes that want to puke their guts out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Re: cleaning your boiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:39 pm
by Astro
scythe wrote:Who says fill port has to be next to the still mount?
Have it offset so that it it enters to top of the keg near the outside of the keg diameter.
You could even have it enter the boiler top at 45°.

Just depends on how you intend to fill your boiler as to how much room you need.
Pump?
Bucket?
Funnels and bucket?

And hey lets not forget about a sight glass on the boiler while we are at it.


love that, thankyou. so simple but havnt seen it or thought of it 8-}