18 Gallon Mytton Grosvenor Keg

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

18 Gallon Mytton Grosvenor Keg

Postby 1 2many » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Has anyone heard of Mytton Grosvenor kegs ,They where made in melbourne . They don't have a pressure seal weird. It has a screw top .Same shape as sam and livs but it is not double skin watch video.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3520
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Re: 18 Gallon Mytton Grosvenor Keg

Postby 1 2many » Wed May 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Not much info on these kegs it seems ,What i do know is they only made two sizes and that was a 9 gallon and an 18 gallon . It must be my eyes but i just can't see this keg as 80 Ltr . so i have a pic with it up against a typical cub keg. Maybe someone can confirm what they think the volume is , as there is no marking on the keg with the exeption of the manufacturer. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Made by (Copy).jpg

Top (Copy).jpg

side by side (Copy).jpg

Bottom (Copy).jpg

I Know its not the 9 gallon :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Sam. » Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 pm

That looks very similar to my mates cut up one for the cooker, i reckon it's 80L :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Also just looking at the comparison the liquid level on your big boy goes lower to the ground than the 50 and way above it at the top and its fatter :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Fill it up and measure it already :laughing-rolling:

What do others think? Has anyone actually got a 68L keg? :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby crow » Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 pm

that is what it looks like to me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby emptyglass » Wed May 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Was it a stout keg?
emptyglass

Postby 620rossco » Thu May 09, 2013 5:00 am

I have one I scavanged that had been made into a fermenter.
It holds 70litres not including headspace and the top removed
Best fermenter I own.
Top score. :mrgreen:
620rossco

equipment: 3"pot 2"double bok 3"LM/VM.

Postby 1 2many » Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 pm

620rossco wrote:I have one I scavanged that had been made into a fermenter.
It holds 70litres not including headspace and the top removed
Best fermenter I own.
Top score. :mrgreen:

Thanks 620rossco , I have decided to measure it. Funny about that, ffs :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Wow 12many how did you know it was my birthday soon?, you really shouldn't have but I love it!!! :D :teasing-neener: thats bloody beautiful mate, great score!! :handgestures-thumbupleft: . I reckon an easy way to measure it would be , have your hose set to a certain flow, time how long it takes to fill a litre bottle ect. Then just time how long it takes to fill the keg, do ya maths and your set. Thats if not hadn't thought of that already or have an easier way :shifty:
googe

Postby Sam. » Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 pm

googe wrote:Wow 12many how did you know it was my birthday soon?, you really shouldn't have but I love it!!! :D :teasing-neener: thats bloody beautiful mate, great score!! :handgestures-thumbupleft: . I reckon an easy way to measure it would be , have your hose set to a certain flow, time how long it takes to fill a litre bottle ect. Then just time how long it takes to fill the keg, do ya maths and your set. Thats if not hadn't thought of that already or have an easier way :shifty:

When I get to measure mine I was going to fill my 200L graduated fermenter with water and fill it up and see how much it takes :think:

Or use a 9L bucket?
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby 1 2many » Fri May 10, 2013 5:59 pm

googe wrote:Wow 12many how did you know it was my birthday soon?, you really shouldn't have but I love it!!! :D :teasing-neener: thats bloody beautiful mate, great score!! :handgestures-thumbupleft: . I reckon an easy way to measure it would be , have your hose set to a certain flow, time how long it takes to fill a litre bottle ect. Then just time how long it takes to fill the keg, do ya maths and your set. Thats if not hadn't thought of that already or have an easier way :shifty:

:)) :)) The idea is good googe But if my Next door neighbor takes a Dump it will stuff it all up. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Return to Boilers & burners.