Boiler build attempt

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Re: Boiler build attempt

Postby bayshine » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Pictures? :whistle:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby 1 2many » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Here you go Pushy , argh typo bushy finally lost my stillin virginity :happy-partydance: :dance: :happy-partydance:

Pics to PROVE IT :)) :))

:D :D :D :D

The boiler.jpg

Blockhead (Copy).JPG

Plate action.jpg

Alocometer 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby 1 2many » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm

And a couple more

The pointy end.jpg

The shine.jpg

Whoo yeah :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:58 pm

now carefully water the centre jar down to 40% ABV and pour yourself a drink, I'm sure all of us here will celebrate with you :happy-partydance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby 1 2many » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:24 pm

MacStill wrote:now carefully water the centre jar down to 40% ABV and pour yourself a drink, I'm sure all of us here will celebrate with you :happy-partydance:

Well i will be buggered its amazing straight off the still , smell is to my untrained nose a neutral but you can sense the alcohol and taste is realy smooth and pretty much tasteless infact i think this is already better the store bought .

BIG CHEERS :D :D :D :D :D :D :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby bayshine » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Yay bout time :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Something great about enjoying your own shine hey :D
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby Bushy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 am

1 2many wrote:Here you go Pushy , argh typo bushy finally lost my stillin virginity :happy-partydance: :dance: :happy-partydance:

Typo my arse :-D Good to see you ran ya still mate. Welcome to the bubble club :greetings-waveyellow:
Right. Who can i pick on now ? ;-)
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby tipsy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 pm

:character-beavisbutthead: :clap:
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby 1 2many » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Cheers Bushy needed a bit of a Push in the end, i did not sleep at all last night just visions of parrots tiny streams and bubbles all night and all today, i must be coming down with something .

:character-beavisbutthead: thats what i recon tipsy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:45 pm

1 2many wrote:
MacStill wrote:now carefully water the centre jar down to 40% ABV and pour yourself a drink, I'm sure all of us here will celebrate with you :happy-partydance:

Well i will be buggered its amazing straight off the still , smell is to my untrained nose a neutral but you can sense the alcohol and taste is realy smooth and pretty much tasteless infact i think this is already better the store bought .

BIG CHEERS :D :D :D :D :D :D :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yep! sounds like you nailed it first run... it's neutral alright as you've described it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Just goes to show people can run these rigs straight up after "a little" research :romance-kisscheek:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby 1 2many » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:09 pm

I just followed Running a plated column.the easy way and was suprised at how well the run went , the still performed flawlessly felt very comfortable running it could not be more happy.

Thanks to Mac and Mrs Mac for there excellent service and of course all you guys that make this forum happen. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Not sure how accurate the alcometer is but it read %93 @ 13 deg so temp corrected makes it about %95 does that seem right to you?
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby dogbreath vodka » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:59 am

Been a few questions relating to boilers recently.
Was wondering if it was worth pinning a couple of builds to the top of the first page?

This is a good thread for an electric boiler build. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

What do you think Mac?

DBV
dogbreath vodka

equipment: "Steampunk 2 - 6" Bubble cap
"Jimmy" the 4" Carter head

Postby Zak Griffin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 am

I'll have a minute today, DBV, I'll whip up an 'Ultimate Boiler Build' thread for the newbies section... Covering gas and electric :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Unless someone else wants to have a go? We DO have a 'best post' competition running at the moment!
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Previous

Return to Boilers & burners.