Will this be good enough to heat a 50l keg?

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Re: Will this be good enough to heat a 50l keg?

Postby twobottles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 am

Whoops my bad, yeah by indoors I meant, in the cold enough 10mx6m garage.

I was driving along on the way to work and spotted a brazier stand on the verge and thought mmmmm thats odd. I was getting my stuff together for the first run and it popped into my head back I went and it was still there. The burner rests on top of bricks turned on their side for that little extra bit of height.

Cheers for the pic of the Italian burner, I was wondering what they looked like.

I will have to stay with what Ive got until it begins to irk me too much (and I have some spare cash) before I do a burner upgrade. Initially I just wanted to make some nice wines and distill them, learnt a bit more and now want to make rum and bourbon knock off yet have lots of ingredients for all sorts of other things like a boy in a sweet shop. The exercise of simply home making some nice booze on the cheap has taken up all of my spare time lots of money here there and everywhere but....... I love it.

Thanks for that info
twobottles

equipment: 50 mm pure distilling reflux still, extension with extra scrubbies, now triclamped to a 50l keg with a triple ring gas burner. 2" modular shottie pot still!

Re: Will this be good enough to heat a 50l keg?

Postby crow » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:05 pm

A high pressure reg will get that burner to heat just dandy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Previous

Return to Boilers & burners.