Start of something beautiful...

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Re: Start of something beautiful...

Postby woodduck » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:44 am

Aawwhh shucks, you blokes are too kind :))

I was the same, wanted everything just perfect but like rum said she looks like a work horse now and my last couple of mods have been pretty average looking :laughing-rolling: but i would definitely recommend you keep it up cause once she's done you will be able to take some awesome photos sit back be proud of your work and know you did your best then you can get slack and neglect it like the rest of us :laughing-rolling:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby stilllearning » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Hell yes, just grabbed 8x large primus glasses. I've settled on a glasser build, just cant get the glass duck out of my head.
Did well I reckon, Freddies outdoor had a 25% off sale, RRP on the glass is $10.95 so down to $8.21ea. They had 5 but I rejected 2 cause there were small chips/fractures in the edges.
Off to BCF, they had heaps in stock @ $13.99 ea, but price matched Freddies. All in all, got 8 for $65.68. not a bad morning. enough for 5/6 plates plus a couple of spares or was considering making a packed section out of a couple too for something different.

For anyone using the primus glass, it pays open the boxes to check every one before you buy. Sure you look like a wanker doing it in the shop but I reckon at least 50% have manufacturing/handling defects. I figure the more perfect the glass, the less likely they will break under stress/heat.

Starting to get a nice little collection of parts. Just waiting now for FSD to get a few bits in and then I'm away.
stilllearning

equipment: 4" Modular Glass Bubbler

Postby Thelegion » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:56 pm

OOOOOOOhh,

I've settled on a glasser build, just cant get the glass duck out of my head.

yup them ducks nutz are the standard for the glasser model, remember to post a vid in the end or you'll hear about it.

TL..
Thelegion

equipment: FOR YOUR 4" BUBBLING PLEASURE

Previous

Return to Boilers & burners.