Store bought flavors

Homebrew shop essences talk.

Re: Store bought flavors

Postby copperhead road » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Woodsy71 wrote:Spot on Dubj :smile: Thanks.

Stillbilly, I've been making "real" rum for years.

I'm simply recalling where it all began.

In particular, I remember how intimidating it can be when you read what the "boys from the forum" are making and the negative slant placed on HBS products.

At the end of the day, we are all chasing a safe, homemade spirit that we can share with friends and family. Be it through traditional methods, or whatever means we have available ;-)
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Postby azzman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:39 am

the thing i dont like other than essence sweetness i dont want is the cost.

at least $3.50 per 1L spirit for essence on top of the already $3 or $4 to per L to make, and that $3-$4 is with grains to make a wash (i dont use TPW, grains are better IMO for vodka). i would assume rum is cheaper again for those who get it for $20 for 20L.

if you filter which i dont then another $1L. so for at least $8 there is a passable drink. BWKO is cheaper in long run IMO :handgestures-thumbupleft:

saying that i am drinking essence atm but thats only cause i didnt make any whisky and had vodka on hand. Use what you have i say, essence or other but i prefer other and wont use essence again for a long while :handgestures-thumbupleft:
azzman

equipment: ;) few bits and bobs

Postby Bones7au » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Prestige Ouzo's great.

Even has the cloudiness.

Only makes 750mls though.
Bones7au

equipment: T-500 still

Previous

Return to Essences