Brandy Flavor's ???

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Re: Brandy Flavor's ???

Postby DaveZ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks dom, that's what I reckoned, but thought I'd ask. There's fuck all on eBay so I'll search the online store's and see what I can find
DaveZ

equipment: 5 plate FSD bubbler with gin basket and packed rock section on a 50L, 4800W keg

Postby DaveZ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:46 pm

kiwikeg wrote:
crow wrote:
greenguy wrote:Mango sounds good pitty there like $5 each over here in New zealand gues you would peel em de pip them and mash it all up

Maybe try Kiwi fruit then :laughing-rolling:

Frozenthunderbolt has just about nailed feijoa . I have been trying them a few ways but its easy for the spirit to end up way too sour. I am pretty certain his recipe is bang on will be trying it next season..

Not brandy, but I'm currently steeping kiwi fruit in neutral to make a panty dropper style drink. Keen to seehhow it turns out.
DaveZ

equipment: 5 plate FSD bubbler with gin basket and packed rock section on a 50L, 4800W keg

Postby greenguy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:43 pm

kiwikeg wrote:
crow wrote:
greenguy wrote:Mango sounds good pitty there like $5 each over here in New zealand gues you would peel em de pip them and mash it all up

Frozenthunderbolt has just about nailed feijoa . I have been trying them a few ways but its easy for the spirit to end up way too sour. I am pretty certain his recipe is bang on will be trying it next season..

have ya got a link the wfey loves the things my self there the devil fruit gross kiwi fruit though i will be given this a go
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby kiwikeg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 am

greenguy wrote:
kiwikeg wrote:
crow wrote:

have ya got a link the wfey loves the things my self there the devil fruit gross kiwi fruit though i will be given this a go

Here you go, viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4602&p=77145#p77145
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby DaveZ » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Pintobootleg wrote:Hey Dave,isn't there a drum recycler in Mackay somewhere??? If not,I'm gunna be ordering a few from tilkeys in Brisbane,I think I payed about $30 ea last time,not sure,but I'll let you know :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Ended up ordering 2 x 200 litre screw tops from tilkeys through one of our local shops. They wound up at $62 each with the miners tax added on, not too bad really considering I paid more than that for my 60 litre fermenters. Now just have to await the mango crop.
DaveZ

Postby fritz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:10 am

ever heard of quinces?
they make a really fine brandy!!
raspberries, of course...
guavas are really special, you should definitely give it a shot.
fritz

equipment: potstill

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegies