Hybrid Apple cider from store brought juice

A forum for mashing & fermenting fruits and vegetables

Re: Hybrid Apple cider from store brought juice

Postby Clickeral » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am

Kenster wrote:for you guys who go the next step and still your cider...do u get any significant apple taste or is it just faint. I have tried this with several fruits and cant get a real fruit taste, other than infusing some fruit after bottling.

Ive distilled coles juice that ive fermented to cider on 4plates and I get flavour and smell carry over. I just did a batch of aldi based juice on 3plates yesterday and the smell of apple is definitely there, however I think I reduced my reflux to much as it dropped abv almost as fast as when I run in potsitll mode but will see how it goes when I blend. I took cuts in 200-300ml portions
Clickeral

equipment: 5 Hectoliters of Fermenting space (120L temp controlled)
12 Plate modular procap bubbler with 1020mm stainless packed sections and super reflux condenser
50L Milk can boiler 2x 2400w or 70L kettle (2x 2200w)
3v nanobrewery mashing

Re: Hybrid Apple cider from store brought juice

Postby Kenster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:51 pm

thanks Click, i have about 15kg of peeled and cored apples in the freezer from this seasons 'rejects', will give it a go then. (after i finish a couple more gens of CFW)
Kenster

equipment: Still Spirits... turbo 500...retired.(Boiler retained, added 3kw element with variable temp)
RPG...3''x1200mm LM/VM combo...400mm double wound coldie
3''x1200mm copper pot & shares leibig from combo.

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegies