5 Star News & Updates

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

5 Star News & Updates

Postby Mrs Mac » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:25 am

Hi All,

First off my apologies if I put some people into a spin with my last post about the closing of 5 Star, it is just that I have basically been running this by myself for the past 3 yrs due to Allan being sick and the supplier issues that we started to have in Feb-March this year was the straw that broke the camel’s back so to say for me.

I would also like to thank all those who responded with kind words and also the long time supporters who have personally emailed or messaged me. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now for some good news

Two long time members (although quiet members) and friends of Allan & myself have stepped up and asked to take over 5 Star which we gratefully accepted.
I would like to bring forward Andrew & Wazzza as the new operators/owners of 5 Star.

These guys have been in the back ground with us for a very long time and are just as savvy on distilling and equipment as we are. With both of them at the helm I am sure that any issues will be sorted in no time.

It is going to possibly take a few weeks for the store to come back online so we all ask for your patience and understanding during this transition stage, there is a lot that needs to be passed on.

I am sure Andrew and Wazzza will reply to any questions asked and advise contact details in due course.

So while one era of 5 Stars closes another fresh one opens up, and both Allan and myself could not be more grateful to both these guys for stepping up to the plate and continuing Allan’s dream of supplying the best distilling equipment in Australia. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Over to you Andrew & Wazzza

Cheers
Allan (MacStill) & Sue (Mrs Mac)
Last edited by The Stig on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs Mac
Lifetime Member

equipment: bubble wrap
sticky tape gun
stanley knife

Re: 5 Star News & Updates

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:33 am

Well done and thank you to both of you!

Both Allan and Sue have been invaluable to our Business over the past few years providing the best customer service, the best of quality in products and a friendly, knowledgeable customer service.

I am very lucky to have met both Allan and Sue and I wish you both best of luck for the years ahead.

Anthony
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby woodduck » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:07 pm

That's great news Mrs Mac, can't wait to see the store open again and see what these blokes can do :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Once again thank you to you and mac for the years of service and for making this place what it is today.

Good luck for the future
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Professor Green » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:20 pm

woodduck wrote:That's great news Mrs Mac, can't wait to see the store open again and see what these blokes can do :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Once again thank you to you and mac for the years of service and for making this place what it is today.

Good luck for the future

:text-+1:
Couldn't think of any words to expand on that!

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Sam. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Professor Green wrote:
woodduck wrote:That's great news Mrs Mac, can't wait to see the store open again and see what these blokes can do :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Good luck for the future

Cheers,
Prof. Green.

:text-+1: absolute awesome news that 5 Star will continue :dance:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby bluc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Sue and Allan wish you all the best for the future and wazza and andrew congrats on your new venture :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Wazzza » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi Everyone, :wave:
A big thankyou to Al and Suez for their warm words.
Ive been friends with these guys for many years now and a member of this great forum since 2011, but never posted until now, :oops:
When they told me that they no longer wanted to run 5 star and that they were closing the "doors" i knew i had to do something to help save their hard work and try to continue their great legacy.
I got onto another of our good friends, Andrew, and somehow convinced him to join me in taking on the challenge. :happy-partydance:

We look to not only continue to provide they highest quality distilling gear in the country but also bring back the customer service that was once one of the best attributes of 5 star.
Obviously, Suez has done an exemplary job over the years but as personal life sometimes goes, the time to meet customer orders/ emails fell to the way side.

This will take Andrew and myself sometime to get everything in order to reopen the shop etc so please be patient, we are working hard in the background to set everything up that needs to be in place prior to trading. Im sure you all understand.

Again, thankyou to Suez and AL for everything you have done to create 5 star and support this forum, and as i have said, your baby is in good hands and we will continue your legacy.

All the best
Wazzza
Wazzza

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Good on ya Wazzza and welcome to the forum mate, even though you’ve been here longer than me :laughing-rolling:
I’ll be looking at getting a carter head soon once your up and running :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Best of luck and know that the forum is behind :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby woodduck » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Welcome Wazza, :greetings-waveyellow:

Congratulations to you and Andrew on your venture into the still industry. I wish you luck for the future and I'm sure your well aware of the quality standards of Mac and I'm sure you blokes will do him proud.

I look forward to seeing you blokes around the place :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Professor Green » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Awesome stuff Wazzza and Andrew. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Looking forward to seeing the 5 Star quality continue.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby bigcam » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Sam. wrote:
Professor Green wrote:

Good luck for the future

Cheers,
Prof. Green.

:text-+1: absolute awesome news that 5 Star will continue :dance:

bigcam

equipment: upgraded 110lt gas fired boiler
24lt inline thumper
4 inch x 4 plate with 4 inch shotty with parrot

Postby db1979 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Well done for taking a bold step Wazza and Andrew :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Better get that post count up so you can read your PMs... I'd say you'd be getting a few :laughing-rolling:
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby Otago Elvis » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 pm

What a great result! Good news!

I'm just wondering if the bricks and mortar store will still be based in Southeast Qld?

Cheers
Otago Elvis

equipment: Potstill

Postby Teddysad » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:49 am

db1979 wrote:Well done for taking a bold step Wazza and Andrew :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Better get that post count up so you can read your PMs... I'd say you'd be getting a few :laughing-rolling:

Can I suggest a Mod override this restriction for them to enable pm action?
Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Postby Andrew » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:48 am

Sorry ive taken so long to get here after such a glowing intro by Sue but stuff happens.
I cant really add much to what Wazzza has already said so I wont even try other than to say we will try to continue the good name that the Macs have built over the years.
Stay tune over the next few weeks as we get our act together and leak more and more details.
Andrew

equipment: Anything I choose From The 5 Star Range

Postby The Stig » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:08 am

Teddysad wrote:Can I suggest a Mod override this restriction for them to enable pm action?

Ill look into this, see what I can come up with :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby warramungas » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Just post the same thing 10 times. :))
Doesn't matter. They're already there. Good stuff as I'm going to need a bigger element soon.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby Georgio » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Congrats Andrew and Wazza!
Glad to hear 5 star will be on once again. I am looking for a new setup, so will contact you fellas once you are ready to roll. Best of luck! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Georgio

equipment: 50l keg boiler.
4" FSD Pot Still
4" FSD Bubbler
95L mash tun with 300 micron grain basket
250kg Winch for grain basket

Postby Bobsyauncle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Great news!

Now, how about coming back to Perth please!?!? :teasing-neener:
Bobsyauncle

equipment: 4 plate 4" bubbler with packed section
Copper T500

Postby Doubleuj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Bobsyauncle wrote:Great news!

Now, how about coming back to Perth please!?!? :teasing-neener:

No Way!! you westernites had FSD for long enough, its our turn on the Eastern board :pray: :pray: :pray:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Next

Return to 5 Star Distilling