Five Star Distilling, SS modular columns

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Five Star Distilling, SS modular columns

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm

An introduction:

As most of you know mrs Mac & myself have been working on making available "limited" numbers of fully modular SS columns, these rigs are based on my very own copper modular still that I designed in February of 2012

After spending a lot of money with a still parts supplier and being disappointed due to finding the products to be of an unsatisfactory standard, we decided, seeing we already had contacts in the sanitary supplies industry, to go about sourcing products of the highest quality we could supply to the Australian market & members of this forum.

We wanted a product that was first class (five star) and did not seek to supply budget level components, we have other offerings to cater for that, however, these components & stills are aimed at people who are fussy and only desire the highest standards and quality that other suppliers can not provide.

The cost of these rigs in comparison to other suppliers is expensive sure, we don't deny that, but we also believe after using their products they fall a long way short of the quality offered with these rigs, parts & components. Our buy price for these units is considerably more than the retail price of other similar units, this is only due to the high standard the manufacturer must provide due to them being an ISO 9001 Certified Manufacturer.

The Company that manufactures our components is based in Taiwan and is not in any way like the sweat shop industry known so well on mainland China, we will never deny that we are importing this gear, and we will never claim they were or are made in Australia. What we will claim is that we are a small Aussie enterprise that imports these rigs for Aussies, we will also state that our profit margins in no way compensate for the amount of work that has gone into organising these components for importation.

All our custom copper fittings and components for these rigs are sourced locally here in Western Australia, this way we can assure that "our" copper is new stock and made to Australian Standards, we simply are not comfortable with copper imported from China as it is known to be of dubious quality & the fact there has been issues in this regard for quite some time.

Our Aim:

Simply to provide the best quality products, service and after sales service we are capable of providing, expanding our range as time and income allows, and just making sure our customers are happy.

Ongoing things to address:

We realise many people are not sure about things being said by another supplier on the Internet forums, and the nasty nature of which they portray things with vicious lies and rumours, we are not going to try and compete with those at their level and promise to try and simply be "better than that"

We are not in the business of taking anyone's business, we believe that we are only a small entity in the big scheme of things, and that our business is merely an extension of a hobby we enjoy and would like to try and earn a "decent" living from importing and supplying sanitary grade products, as well as building high quality gear.

We need to discuss warranty situations with our supplier that we can pass on to our customers.

There's a lot more not worth mentioning at this time, however we will be keeping everyone updated as we progress.

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: Five Star Distillers SS modular columns

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Here's just the start of our Five Star Distiller (FSD) range, we are very busy planning our next range of items and just like any start up company it takes time to build a big range of various products.

The FSD Mac 4

Logo.jpg

The FSD Mac 4 (plates not shown)

DSC_0030.JPG

We also can offer custom parts such as this 3" 316L SS 180 degree bend.
The same style of bend in 2" is already a standard sanitary item that customers can get if they prefer it over the 2 x 90's on the Mac 4

DSC_0026.JPG

We can also offer various reducers in any of the common sizes, in either the short or long versions.

DSC_0022.JPG

BABY REDUCER.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Our condensers are second to none for quality & workmanship.

RC1.JPG

RC2.JPG

PC1.JPG

The plate system we are offering as "standard" with these stills is my design of a single large bubble cap plate, and a 3/4 down comer.

This system has been proven for a long time to be as good, if not better than multiple smaller caps, I have used these myself and can say that there is no noticeable difference in product quality or output speeds than any other plate system.

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Our Column tee is of uncomparable high quality 304 SS

tee2.JPG

Here's the pot still you get when you remove the column and RC, this is the reason why we went with the long reducers on our columns, it's called being versatile ;-)

POT.JPG

We're open to suggestions for new products, we want to supply the gear you want.

Please ask us anything you like about our gear and we will answer as best as we possibly can.

Thanks for looking :handgestures-thumbupleft:

More info & pricing can be found here viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2974

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Re: Five Star Distillers, SS modular columns

Postby MacStill » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Obviously anyone who buys these rigs gets my personal phone number & a verbal agreement that I will fix, replace or give back their money if they are not happy.

I had a little issue with a customer last night at 8.30 pm, we resolved his problem over the phone while my ol man was in hospital having a heart attack, I even offered to drive the 5 hours to their house today if we couldnt resolve the problem with the downcomer cup and I would bring my tools to fix it on the spot.... where else in this world do you get personal customer service at 8.30 pm on a sunday night like that ?

We are in the process of getting our warranty policy correct the first time, unlike another mob who changed theirs once issues became obvious.

I'm not even going to bother addressing all the latest shit that's going on over there, they can compare as much as they like and run me down as much as they like, however my integrity and product will not be compromised by their agenda to hurt me because of a stupid grudge they hold.

They can talk it up but cant back up issues with their product, and run people down instead, well you cant polish a turd but they're sure getting good at rolling a shit in glitter.

I'll back my products over theirs any day, I have bought and used their product & many members here have seen theirs and mine.... their opinions of quality are unanimous :handgestures-thumbupleft:

edit: I also know they will turn this around in some sick demented way to suit their agenda.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Kimbo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm

I can vouch for that.
I personally have had the two products in my hand at the same time, one of Mac's and one from a Similar Distributor.
there is absolutely no comparison, it just proves that Mr & Mrs Mac have done the hard yards to get a quality product with the hope that they can get the price lower for their customers where as Some Dimwit finds the cheapest manufacurer then tries to improve the quality.
As the age old saying goes........... " Ya get what ya pay for".
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby emptyglass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm

They look very nice mac. I like the 180's.
emptyglass

Postby kelbygreen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:44 pm

thats some nice looking gear :handgestures-thumbupleft:
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby MacStill » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes EG they're top notch, not put through some exhaust pipe bender to end up wrinkly like the SD ones :handgestures-thumbupleft:

And they reckon they're sanitary grade too :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

SD factory pics :text-lol:

SD SHIT2.JPG

SD SHIT.JPG

Sanitary as a Chinese back ally sewer pit more like it :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby emptyglass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Now, now,

Your stuff is doing the talking. It looks like its well made, and buyers of this stuff can see this. Quality is remembered after the price is forgotton. Service is important to a customer, good to see you got that covered, it gives confidance that the buyer is getting a well designed, well engineered and well made product, thats backed up.
Good stuff :handgestures-thumbupleft:
emptyglass

Postby MacStill » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm

WineGlass wrote:Now, now,

Your stuff is doing the talking. It looks like its well made, and buyers of this stuff can see this. Quality is remembered after the price is forgotton. Service is important to a customer, good to see you got that covered, it gives confidance that the buyer is getting a well designed, well engineered and well made product, thats backed up.
Good stuff :handgestures-thumbupleft:

You are right, I failed and took the bait :angry-banghead:

After so much effort that went into getting this gear to be bullied, humiliated and accused of stealing I've had enough of playing nice.... but at least everything I've said and proven is factual :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 am

Nice looking gear Mac.......hope all goes well for you with this venture.
Love those long reducers, I can see my self buying a couple of those in the future.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 am

Cheers SBB,

Just give me a little bit of notice if you do want something, I'm having trouble keeping my stock levels up.

As soon as the stuff arrives it's being sent out, I'm going to have to ramp up a bit to satisfy customers needs :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Sam. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Looking great Mac :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Also like the "5 Star" angle then having them displayed in front of the Southern Cross 8-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 pm

I've been looking and looking but can't see him :think: :think: :think:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby Kimbo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Cupcake wrote:I've been looking and looking but can't see him :think: :think: :think:

Yeah....! Where's Wally?
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby SBB » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 pm

McStill wrote:Cheers SBB,

Just give me a little bit of notice if you do want something, I'm having trouble keeping my stock levels up.
:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Wont be needing anything for a while yet, the distilling is still on hold :cry:
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Modernity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Nice kit :clap: :clap: :clap:
Modernity

equipment: I am currently refurbishing a 150 ltr mush tun.
Currently building a 150 ltr oil heated pot still, with 8" copper column.

Postby MacStill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Finally got my new plumbing set up done and a few sets of plates ready to run my new rig, she just needs some juice in the tank and I'll take her for a spin in the morning :D

Got a memory card sorted for my vid cam and will try to do a half decent couple of videos while I'm at it.

Never thought I'd be so excited about running a bubbler again :happy-partydance:

IMG_1188.JPG
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Cane Toad » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm

I see him :clap: I see him :clap: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: Yay Wally :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Next

Return to 5 Star Distilling