"5 Star" News & Updates

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Re: FSD News & Updates

Postby emptyglass » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Mac, when will you know prices of the perf plates and element gaurds?
emptyglass

Postby 1 2many » Sat May 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Linno wrote:
sam_and_liv wrote:
MacStill wrote:fairly firm by hand is enough, they seal very well & easily :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I can confirm this, hand tight will seal them easily without any thread tape.

I have the tri clamp edition and finger tight is what I call it. No leaks

Thanks Linno you have helped me simplify things with the element question, I am familiar with tri clamps as you only need one finger and thumb to do up but the new screw on sight glass covers are screwed on by the whole hand and that is what i was trying get an idea on thanks. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Sat May 25, 2013 9:39 pm

WineGlass wrote:Mac, when will you know prices of the perf plates and element gaurds?

Element guards are $45 and the perf plates I'll figure pricing on in a few days :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby MacStill » Sat May 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Dominator wrote:I think options are fantastic! :clap: It gives some choice to the buyer, they can still get that bubbler they always wanted by going for some cheaper options or they can go all out on the deluxe version. That is what I meant by bringing the price down, some options to reduce the initial cost. I think the way you are running FSD shows your about the customer not the profit :handgestures-thumbupleft: and that is getting rare these days.

Yes I'll be looking into doing a budget model as soon as my current developments are completed, I'm thinking a tri clamp sight glass model with perforated plates should be a popular choice for those on a tight budget... we'll see I guess.

Thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated :D
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby emptyglass » Sat May 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Jeez mac, thats some pretty good pricing on the element gaurds. I'm guessing the element is seperate?

Sounds like you got heaps going on, I'll kick back and wait till you get the perf plate pricing sussed :handgestures-thumbupleft:
emptyglass

Postby MacStill » Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 pm

WineGlass wrote:Jeez mac, thats some pretty good pricing on the element gaurds. I'm guessing the element is seperate?

Sounds like you got heaps going on, I'll kick back and wait till you get the perf plate pricing sussed :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yeah the element and guard together is $90, this includes the ferrule to weld on the boiler :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I have a target price on the plain perforated plates with a downcomer hole being between $15 and $20 per unit.... I just have to split my invoice up to get a proper price on them.

Here's the dimensions.

perf plate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

FSD News & Updates

Postby Dominator » Sat May 25, 2013 10:17 pm

MacStill wrote:Yes I'll be looking into doing a budget model as soon as my current developments are completed, I'm thinking a tri clamp sight glass model with perforated plates should be a popular choice for those on a tight budget... we'll see I guess.

That's got Dominator written all over it. Haha
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby punchy21 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 pm

MacStill wrote:new boiler sight glass/fill port :D

IMG_1543.JPG

Shown here is the 3" version, they are also available in 4"

If there's enough interest I could order them in next weeks order, the prices for these would be around $75 for the 3" & $85 for the 4" however if I get enough interest and order 100 the prices could be quite a bit lower.

Cheers.

PM on its way :D
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby MacStill » Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Dominator wrote:
MacStill wrote:Yes I'll be looking into doing a budget model as soon as my current developments are completed, I'm thinking a tri clamp sight glass model with perforated plates should be a popular choice for those on a tight budget... we'll see I guess.

That's got Dominator written all over it. Haha

And if you wanted to play around making your own plates you could get into a modular bubbler even cheaper ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Cane Toad » Sun May 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Any news on the 6 & 8" models that were on their way here? I thought the lucky owners would have been all over em like a fat kid on chocolate. Be good to see a few pics when they turn up :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby MacStill » Sun May 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Cupcake wrote:Any news on the 6 & 8" models that were on their way here? I thought the lucky owners would have been all over em like a fat kid on chocolate. Be good to see a few pics when they turn up :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

The 8" has been in the country for a week now, I've been talking to it's lucky owner frequently and expect to be seeing some good pics of it real soon.... however it looks like he may need a "hand" in the final set up of the unit due to being a little incompetent on the tools.

The 6" is due to be shipped any time now, as are the new bubble caps, downcomers and two styles of plates. :happy-partydance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Mon May 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Any interest in tri clamp cooling manifolds ?

img0001-390.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Jonno » Mon May 27, 2013 7:45 pm

what sizes mate?
Jonno

Postby MacStill » Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 pm

1/2" upwards :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm

:-B More Specifications Please (-|
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Mon May 27, 2013 8:02 pm

All in good time mate, I'm just seeing if there's an interest at present.

If there is I'm going to have to do more development work, so they can be fitted to the crrent range of stills :wtf:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Mon May 27, 2013 8:09 pm

When you say 1/2" upwards does that mean valve bore size or triclover size, :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 pm

1 2many wrote:When you say 1/2" upwards does that mean valve bore size or triclover size, :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Bore size, to fit 3/4" tri clover & almost any combination above that :happy-partydance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Mon May 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Looks like a gate valve , Is the thread course or fine for adjusting ?
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Mon May 27, 2013 8:49 pm

I'll get a proper spec sheet and prices on it tomorrow mate
MacStill
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Star Distilling