"5 Star" News & Updates

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Re: FSD News & Updates

Postby 1 2many » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 pm

MacStill wrote:S0ON!

:teasing-neener:

Bugger soon how bout now :greetings-waveyellow:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Sam. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:45 pm

:think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby MacStill » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 am

There "could" be an announcement "soon" :-B
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby poompy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:24 am

maybe its just me, but i have been checking the 5stardistilling website every day....in hope. haha :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
poompy

equipment: SS T500
McStill Pot Still

Postby Kimbo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 am

poompy wrote:maybe its just me, but i have been checking the 5stardistilling website every day....in hope. haha :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:- :!!
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 pm

I've been doing a fair amount of updating on the webstore, adding pics, descriptions and some new items.

We've been inundated with sales through the store with what has turned out to be our busiest month ever, so I'm happy to say the web store has been running extremely smoothly with transactions being a breeze for both us and our customers.

Ta.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Re: "5 Star" News & Updates

Postby the Doctor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Mate I am loving the store..it just make the whole process effortless ...well done Mac & Mrs Mac.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby Petulance » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Yeah, I've been using the store too :handgestures-thumbupleft: ... fn fantastic ... the stuff you order turns up really quickly and is first rate ... go Mac (& Mrs Mac) !!!
Petulance

equipment: 4 plate 4 inch modular copper bubbler with 300 mm packed or unpacked extension on 50 litre SS keg. All my own work. It ain't pretty, but it's all mine!

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:52 pm

the Doctor wrote:Mate I am loving the store..it just make the whole process effortless ...well done Mac & Mrs Mac.
Doc

So when are you going to update your equipment list ? :))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby the Doctor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:15 am

Geez Mac...doesn't the new shiny boiler count....SOON...oh yeah!
Doc
the Doctor

Postby MacStill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 am

Yeah that boiler is going to be something else alright, cant wait to see your 8" x 6 plate plus packed section sitting on it... it's going to be a monster :happy-partydance:

Hopefully life will improve by freeing up time for you running such volumes less regularly, I dont know how you do it all through a 4" still, that's dedication :wtf:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby the Doctor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Mate as you know, it has been a case of running every day I can for months now, and still we sell out of vodka every weekend. The new still will certainly make life a lot easier for all of us. Especially as we cut so heavily virtually reducing our vodka runs to about 50% of output. Great quality sure, but lots of work...lot's and lot's of work. Our vodka's are now featured in some sweet bars now...the latest is 1888 in Pyrmont Sydney, a very cool boutique hotel beside Darling Harbour.
Doc
the Doctor

Postby MacStill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:16 pm

After receiving a sample of structured copper packing last week I've decided to order in a box of the stuff to see how it goes through the webstore, it's very nice packing as good a quality as the Amphora stuff so it should be worth stocking going by the number of enquiries I get each months for it.

You'll find it in the store under accessories as coming soon, I hope to see it early next week.

Copper mesh.jpg

Also for those who wish to turn their T500 or similar boiler lids into a tri clamp fitting I have great news, I have developed an adapter system to fit most if not any of the brew shop style boilers, these adapters will be available for purchase by the end of the month all going well, I'm not sure how much they're costing me yet but should know in a few days once I get my invoices sorted.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby crow » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:28 am

yeah i got this stuff of my watch list on ebay (from Canada I think) bit pricey for me at the moment though
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 pm

crow wrote:yeah i got this stuff of my watch list on ebay (from Canada I think) bit pricey for me at the moment though

The mesh I got is really nice, I can see why it would make excellent packing.

I'll update it in the store now I know I'm happy to release it for sale, it's a little expensive but you don't need a lot of it.

will update with pics soon, and start a new thread about the stuff, pretty keen to give it a go myself in my 6" x 500mm packed section :dance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Any more news on the copper packing?? :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:31 pm

1 2many wrote:Any more news on the copper packing?? :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yeah it turned up last week, it's nice stuff but it's got oils on it from the manufacturing process... I washed a piece in feints and it came up fine :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I'll go adjust the settings in the webstore so it's available.

Thanks for the reminder :smile:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:39 pm

how many rolls do we need to fill the 400mm tube to work effectifly. :-B
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:05 pm

1 2many wrote:how many rolls do we need to fill the 400mm tube to work effectifly. :-B

About 1.5kg :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby kiwikeg » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:40 pm

MacStill wrote:
Also for those who wish to turn their T500 or similar boiler lids into a tri clamp fitting I have great news, I have developed an adapter system to fit most if not any of the brew shop style boilers, these adapters will be available for purchase by the end of the month all going well, I'm not sure how much they're costing me yet but should know in a few days once I get my invoices sorted.

Cheers.

Hi Mac, I am just tyre kicking -did these adapters make it to the store? I have potential buyer for my potstill but need to make the tri clamp connection fit his stillspirits boiler. I can get a spare lid if needed.
Just looking at options as I don't want to sell him my keg boiler.
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Star Distilling