FSD Boiler development chat

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Re: FSD Boiler development chat

Postby 1 2many » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Is there a recommended operating water pressure for these CIP devices? My intention is to use a pump and I am thinking it would require a fair amount of pressure. :think:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Re: FSD Boiler development chat

Postby MacStill » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:33 pm

1 2many wrote:Is there a recommended operating water pressure for these CIP devices? My intention is to use a pump and I am thinking it would require a fair amount of pressure. :think:

You're on the ball mate, these are the final few things we're just working out this arvo.

I've figured for mains pressure after researching a national average I come to about 40 to 50 psi, but I dont have the gear here at the ready to test my bunnings pump :crying-blue:

It'd be good to get some feedback from anyone on what pressure a bunnings pump has through 1/2" lines at a head of about 2 to 3 meters, I could then get a ballpark where to start :pray:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Previous

Return to 5 Star Distilling