Commercial Distillery Parrots.

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Commercial Distillery Parrots.

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi all,

We are happy to announce our new Commercial sized parrots are on the way, these will fit the extra long alcometers that the commercial distiller uses.

Here's our prototype we are sending to the Doc for his new 8" rig, up until now he's been stuck using a short parrot that doesnt suit his calibrated alcometer, so we hope the new design makes life a little easier for the pro distillers using our modular stills being able to measure ABV as it comes of the still in real time instead of fiddling around with tubes and different alcometers.

Our advantage is we are willing to work with the distiller to provide you with customised products to suit your requirements, and we can bring these products to you in very short time due to the excellent relationship and communication with our supplier.

big bird.JPG

We have also introduced the valve into our standard parrots and will have them available very soon.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: Commercial Distillery Parrots.

Postby greenguy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Damn i want a parrot with a valve
cool stuff Mack
P.s any one want a parrot :D
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:22 pm

greenguy wrote:Damn i want a parrot with a valve
cool stuff Mack
P.s any one want a parrot :D

One of our kiwi mates actually asked me not so long ago about them, maybe he might be interested in yours if he reads this ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby greenguy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:26 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby Lowndsey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:35 pm

That's a thing of beauty right there. Any plans to do a freestanding model in the future?
Lowndsey

equipment: 2" Bokka

Postby Andy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:36 pm

another quality product Mac. always the best from FSD
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Lowndsey wrote:That's a thing of beauty right there. Any plans to do a freestanding model in the future?

If people want a free standing unit I can easily design one, just never been asked :think:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby the Doctor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 pm

You know I have to be honest...the design of this parrot has been like every aspect of the design of the entire system...just a total pleasure, Mac and I have put in many pleasurable hours of talking through every possibility...what we have come up with is from top to bottom the most amazing piece of distillation equipment I have ever had the pleasure of bein involved in. Dobson's Distilling ( http://www.eastviewestate.com) new 8 inch " Methusulah" still .... is innovative and very, very different. with two take of arms allowing it to switch between regular condenser and carter head on the same run. Be it for gin or igneous filtered vodka like Reyka my favourite vodka ( see here http://reyka.com)...This is going to be a showpiece of what distilling equipment can be. As good as it gets...Black tie distilling...all I can say is Mac is the man, when it comes to amazing distilling gear.
And....SOON!
Doc
Last edited by the Doctor on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby bluess57 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:46 pm

What size is the ferrule at the top of the parrot?
bluess57

equipment: keg boiler - 4" copper bubbler

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 pm

bluess57 wrote:What size is the ferrule at the top of the parrot?

3/4" :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:11 pm

the Doctor wrote:You know I have to be honest...the design of this parrot has been like every aspect of the design of the entire system...just a total pleasure, Mac and I have put in many pleasurable hours of talking through every possibility...what we have come up with is from top to bottom the most amazing piece of distillation equipment I have ever had the pleasure of bein involved in. Dobson's Distilling ( http://www.eastviewestate.com) new 8 inch " Methusulah" still .... is innovative and very, very different. with two take of arms allowing it to switch between regular condenser and carter head on the same run. Be it for gin or igneous filtered vodka like Reyka my favourite vodka ( see here http://reyka.com)...This is going to be a showpiece of what distilling equipment can be. As good as it gets...Black tie distilling...all I can say is Mac is the man, when it comes to amazing distilling gear.
And....SOON!
Doc

You know what drives me mate, design and engineering challenges on distillation equipment keeps me motivated, I close my eyes and can already see exactly how your still is going to look.

The new Carter head we've designed together will surely raise a few eyebrows, let alone the dual take off points and the way it's operated :happy-partydance:

This 8" rig on it's FSD Pro range boiler will be around 3.5 meters tall just to give people an idea of how massive this is, the parrot is just the final piece of the jigsaw.

Not long now :dance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Return to 5 Star Distilling