Element terminal block/connectors

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Element terminal block/connectors

Postby C2H6O » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:02 pm

G'day guys
I've got in my possession a shiny new FSD 2400 weldless element. Going to swing around to a sparky mates tonight and have him put a lead on for me.. Just want to swing a few questions by you guys first so i don't turn up empty handed and clueless.
What connectors should i grab, i have the regular caps connectors (Deta 40 amp terminal connectors) will these do the trick?
I am yet to source the parts for a copper housing, will a pvc housing do the trick if the keg is earthed?
I have noticed most housings are quite short, im guessing the wire from the back of the element is trimmed, how far back?

Sorry for just a series of question.

Cheers
C2H6O

equipment: VM/LM combo on 50L keg powered by 2400w

Re: Element terminal block/connectors

Postby MacStill » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Mate, just let your sparky sort it out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

It wont matter what anyone here tells you, your sparky will most likely have his own ideas & will most likely have any connections or bits you need.

IMHO you'd be better allowing him to decide how he does it instead of turning up with bits he has to try to make work, I reckon the parts you should provide for him come in the form of twist top bottles containing his favourite beverage :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby C2H6O » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:12 pm

MacStill wrote:I reckon the parts you should provide for him come in the form of twist top bottles containing his favourite beverage :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Ha ha good call.

Yeah you're right, just hate being under prepared.. Looking forward to getting this thing hooked up :handgestures-thumbupleft:
C2H6O

Postby 8-ball » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm

the thing i hate most is when i get to a job and the customer has bought all the stuff to do the job at bunnings/masters and its not exactly what was needed best thing you can do is give him as much info as possible and maybe some pics half the time the price we charge you is as much as you pay from the hardware anyway :handgestures-thumbupleft:
8-ball

equipment: t500, 25lt boiler ( used 6 times )
2" simple pot, (sits ontop of the 2 plater )
gas + 3.6kw electric 80l keg with 6in opening
2 x 4" perforated plate with 2in shotty

Postby Kimbo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 pm

MacStill wrote:Mate, just let your sparky sort it out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

It wont matter what anyone here tells you, your sparky will most likely have his own ideas & will most likely have any connections or bits you need.

IMHO you'd be better allowing him to decide how he does it instead of turning up with bits he has to try to make work, I reckon the parts you should provide for him come in the form of twist top bottles containing his favourite beverage :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:text-+1: :text-imwithstupid:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 pm

8-ball wrote:the thing i hate most is when i get to a job and the customer has bought all the stuff to do the job at bunnings/masters and its not exactly what was needed best thing you can do is give him as much info as possible and maybe some pics half the time the price we charge you is as much as you pay from the hardware anyway :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Pluss one on that a bloke called me the other day and said I have a job I cant be bothered doing you are the man I have all of the stuff and I will tell the way I want it done : F off:
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby Yummyrum » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:00 pm

8-ball wrote:the thing i hate most is when i get to a job and the customer has bought all the stuff to do the job at bunnings/masters and its not exactly what was needed best thing you can do is give him as much info as possible and maybe some pics half the time the price we charge you is as much as you pay from the hardware anyway :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:text-+1: .....Tradies earn stuff all labour wise despite what people see as a high hourly rate .Its the small profit charged on materials that makes the difference between barely braking even and being worth going to a job ....either way the customer pays the same price so why not give the profit margin to the tradie .His wife and family will appreciate it more than Bunnings shareholders :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I can assure anyone that a tradie will do a way better job with a smile when not handed a pile of substandard bits that in most cases takes longer to use than if they just use the products that they know and trust and use on a daily basis ......

Off my soap box :oops:

Edit : double posted with Aussie ......Yeah they can .F.off ...had that Aussie ....smart asses that think all tradies are dip shits and they know everything .

Ok really off it now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby C2H6O » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Ha ha sorry didn't mean to rub any tradies up the wrong way. In my defense the bloke helping me out is now a fish biologist, occasionally does testing and tagging around the place but in the most part has a different tool belt on these days... Not a prob at all we can do a quick little side mission to bunning if anything is needed (still going to turn up with what ive bought :teasing-neener: ), and will be cooking with electricity in no time.

Cheers
C2H6O

Postby Yummyrum » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 pm

All good C2H6O...just having a vent after a bad day .

BTW....I recon you should show your mate the element ,perhaps a few pics off the forum of what others have done and leave it with him for a day or two .....then no pressure, time for him to think about it and give you the goods :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby C2H6O » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Cheers mate, appreciate the advice.
All good, had it sorted before I could finish a stubby. Great product these elements, will make setting up my rig quicker which is a great bonus (plus get the missus of my back for leaving sooty bricks around the place)

Cheers
C2H6O

Postby 8-ball » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:20 am

yeah wasnt having a go ay C2H60 didnt mean for it so sound that way :obscene-drinkingcheers:
8-ball

equipment: t500, 25lt boiler ( used 6 times )
2" simple pot, (sits ontop of the 2 plater )
gas + 3.6kw electric 80l keg with 6in opening
2 x 4" perforated plate with 2in shotty

Postby C2H6O » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:31 am

Nar amigo didn't think you lads were having a go, i really do appreciate the advice. I am a little put out by that emoticon though :obscene-drinkingcheers: its been a long dry week and its triggered a beer thirst.. 5pm is such a long way away Ha ha ha
C2H6O

Postby 5 o'clock » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:28 pm

C2H6O wrote:Nar amigo didn't think you lads were having a go, i really do appreciate the advice. I am a little put out by that emoticon though :obscene-drinkingcheers: its been a long dry week and its triggered a beer thirst.. 5pm is such a long way away Ha ha ha

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere...
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Return to Electrical Hardware