Keeping wash warm, keeping it fermenting.

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: Keeping wash warm, keeping it fermenting.

Postby twojaythomo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:29 pm

30w fish tank heater for my 60l and 15w for my 30l, glad wrap over top taped down wrapped in old baby blankets and car seat covers.
twojaythomo

equipment: 4" Bubbler, keg boiler with 2 elements and voltage regulator.

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Very lucky to have in slab heating and supportive wife! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby Brendan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Haha Stoney, seeing that iron cracked me up!

Bayshine, that box is just pure awesome. Looks schmick too :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby bayshine » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

:angry-banghead:
Brendan wrote:Haha Stoney, seeing that iron cracked me up!

Bayshine, that box is just pure awesome. Looks schmick too :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers mate, it is easily the best thing Ive made for distilling and would be cheep as chips if made from recycled stuff like refrigeration panels or the like.
It's how it performs is what impresses me the most ,its the constant temp day and night
My last bourbon wash was 1.080, was finished at 1.000 in 3 days in winter with cold days and nights :handgestures-thumbupleft: and the best bit is there is no mucking around with sterilising aquarium heater or wrapping blankets around fermenters and the wash is the same temp from top to bottom, just need a safety step to throw in the ingredients and hit it with the drill :laughing-rolling:
I've gone away to work for 3 weeks atm and put on 2 x100l tpw set at 25 deg so they should be about perfect to run when I get back
Can't really recommend it enough :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby Blueywa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:08 pm

The largest fermenter I'm using at the moment is a 30litre, it sits on top of a Copper Tun heat pad which only uses 25W.
I was going to use an aquarium submersible, but didn't want to cut a hole in the lid for the power lead.
Then there was the difference in power usage and the heat pad won - 25W verses 50W.
It works for me..
Blueywa

equipment: PURE 'Home Spirit Maker' + 30Ltr Beer Me Boiler.
Air Still + companion kit.
30 litre fermenter + other bits n pieces.

Postby choppy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:23 pm

I don't use a lid, i use glad wrap with a big elastic band around it. the lead from the aquarium heater sits nicely.

I use 25W aquarium heaters and they cut in and out as it sees fit. It cost me $13 at the local aquarium place.

If the pad works for you stick with it, but I wouldn't disregard the aquarium heater just because it won't fit with your lid on.
choppy

equipment: PD reflux still
home made pot still
50L boiler x 2
100L fermenter x 2
50L fermenter x 2

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware