Punchy21's Controller Diagram for the CSVC

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: Punchy21's Controller Diagram for the CSVC

Postby db1979 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:20 pm

An ammeter would need to be in series yeah?
db1979

equipment: 4" 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates) on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Virtually retired: 2" 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses) on a 7.6L boiler (SS stock pot with SS mixing bowl lid), 2000 W.

Postby caspian » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:54 pm

definitely, or the angry pixies will escape big time. think of an ammeter as a flow meter, it goes inline with the load, not across it like a voltmeter.
caspian

equipment: T500 boiler and copper pot still head

Postby baders » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am

Hi all, this is my first post and in an old thread and all. I am just getting into distilling and have been fascinated by what I've learned so far here just by reading. I'm new to the forum but not electrical matters. I am an electrical engineer/licensed electrician/process control tech all rolled into one big ugly package. Having read this thread and others I just wanted to point out a few things that may just save some pain later. I do not mean this to be in any way condescending but I am somewhat alarmed by what I read.

1) It is illegal in all states for non licensed persons to do electrical work low voltage and up.
2) Statutory authorities are clamping down big time on the above. Heavy fines can result (or worse if you injure/kill someone).
3) If you're willing to take those risks then please please have your work checked by a licensed sparky.
4) Australian design rules are also being enforced far more than ever. This is a subject rarely mentioned or thought about. All electrical appliances in Australia are required to be approved.

One item I can pick on is this. SSR means Solid State Relay. It is a relay, a remote controlled switch in other words, and is either on or off just like the relays in your car. It is operated by another (lesser rated) switch. A PSR however is a different kettle of fish. It is a phase angle controller that controls output voltage and it itself is controlled by a potentiometer.

Sorry if I'm preaching to the already converted here but I have been reading this misconception in a few threads now. I'm hoping to get active here and be able to contribute to this great community.
Last edited by baders on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
baders

equipment: Brewhaus 8g pot.

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks Baders, you are very correct that all electrical work should be done by a licensed electrician.
How about a welcome thread to say Gday and introduce yourself :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware