Two Way Motorised Ball Valve

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: Two Way Motorised Ball Valve

Postby wiifm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:41 am

Today and in the past week or so, I have finally pulled my finger out and done a couple of stripping runs on a neutral sugarhead, so bodgied together a reflux 'controller' to play with.

I have:
- PT100 sensor measuring temp above the four plates, but below the packed section - not ideal, but it is what I have
- pressure sensor measuring atmospheric pressure (for ABV calculation compensation)
- motor controller wired to two way motorised ball valve

Through the computer, I am able to set a target ABV. The temp and pressure readings are then used to calculated the ABV%. The Arduino has a PID program in it which varies the flow of coolant water through the RC in order to achieve the target ABV. I am able to manually change the P,I and D settings and visualise their effect on response.

Vids below

wiifm

equipment: 4 plate glasser using FSD bubble caps

Re: Two Way Motorised Ball Valve

Postby bluc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:46 am

Awesome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware