HLT / boiler voltage / temp controller DSPR220

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

HLT / boiler voltage / temp controller DSPR220

Postby rumsponge » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi guys,
I am looking to get into all grain brewing and am playing with the thought of using my 50L keg boiler as hot liquor tank. Instead of buying a dedicated PID controller (e.g. Auber 2352), I was thinking of using this unit instead, which appears capable of working either as a power controller (when used in distilling mode) or as temperature controller (in mashing mode).

Auber DSPR220
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=559

I already have a cheapo manual voltage controller, but this unit appears much neater, plus has several options for automation (not sure if I would use automation in distilling mode, so one question is, if I can use manual control all the time to control power to the boiler ?)

Anyone here using this ? Thoughts ?
Cheers,
RS
rumsponge

equipment: FSD 4" Neutralizer, 50L keg boiler with 2x2.4kW elements, 60L and 200L fermenters

Re: HLT / boiler voltage / temp controller DSPR220

Postby EziTasting » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:10 pm

Don't have any experience but have seen it done with STC1000... not sure if there is any difference .... not quite at this level, sorry!
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby Professor Green » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Certainly looks like it will. Read section 6.3 of the manual, it states you can set the acceleration phase time to zero to manually control the power for the entire run.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby rumsponge » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:51 am

Thanks guys,
Looks like I am building a new control panel soon.
cheers
rumsponge

equipment: FSD 4" Neutralizer, 50L keg boiler with 2x2.4kW elements, 60L and 200L fermenters

Return to Electrical Hardware