Hybrid Controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Hybrid Controller

Postby r1zzla » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:02 am

In honour of my newly purchased (in the post) FSD Neutraliser, and after many hours of reading, I'm going to try for a hybrid of Punchy21's controller build http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3241and Pecker's serial /parallel build http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=9351.

One 2400w element will be controlled by a 40A SSR as per Punchy and one element with 2 switches to give 1200w/2400w control as per Pecker.

Once I've got all the parts assembled and tested, I'll post cct diagrams and build pics. (As I've learnt since joining this forum, it doesn't exist unless there are pictures of it) ;-)
r1zzla

equipment: 80L horizontal keg boiler & FSD 6 plate Neutraliser.
Carter Head with 2 plates
pure distilling reflux.

Re: Hybrid Controller

Postby Professor Green » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

I don't think you'll need to do both mate. One 2400 watt element with variable power and one without will give you control over the full 0 to 4800 watt range. When you want 0-2400 use just the single controlled element and when you want 2400 to 4800 use both elements.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Re: Hybrid Controller

Postby r1zzla » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:12 am

Prof, there's necessity and doing it because you can and the only extra cost is a double switch.
r1zzla

equipment: 80L horizontal keg boiler & FSD 6 plate Neutraliser.
Carter Head with 2 plates
pure distilling reflux.

Return to Electrical Hardware