Replacement SSR

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Replacement SSR

Postby Bogdan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:39 am

Hi - I bought a power controller kit a few years ago and the SSR module has become unreliable.
The module is marked CRYDA CDSSR-1 VA2440.
Its a one of those devices with power across the 2 terminals on one side and a 560k ohm pot across the 2 terminals on the other side.
I realise I could buy a complete controller quite cheaply but this is built into a control box and the easiest thing would be to just replace the SSR.
I anyone knows of a replacement I would be extremely grateful
Graeme
Bogdan

equipment: pot still

Re: Replacement SSR

Postby Sam. » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:41 am

Is it still under warranty?

I would take it back to the manufacturer.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Re: Replacement SSR

Postby Peregian » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Think you would be looking for a unit as described here....

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=353

You can purchase on ebay etc. but there are inferior copies of quality products being sold so it would pay to check before buying.
Peregian

equipment: Keg for boiler (element), Pot still head for stripping and a Nixon Stone offset head stainless still for spirit runs.

Return to Electrical Hardware