element what type wire

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: element what type wire

Postby 8-ball » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 pm

AussieAndy wrote:I know everyone is saying sparky, get it done by a sparky, check by sparky, etc, etc. I had a mate who is a sparky come over for a BBQ and got him to tell me how to hook it up, I did it and he checked it, all good. The tip he did give me to get the 2.5mm flex to fit in a 10amp plug was to drop the rubbery plastic bits that need to stretch over the wire into a coffee cup of boiling water, lets the stretch over the shielding on the cable and when it cools it makes a really really good seal. Hope that helps a little. But yeah, make sure you know it is definitely hooked up right. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

+1 on that method also dit you get 3core and earth or is it brown blue green\yellow if it is blue br green its correct
8-ball

equipment: t500, 25lt boiler ( used 6 times )
2" simple pot, (sits ontop of the 2 plater )
gas + 3.6kw electric 80l keg with 6in opening
2 x 4" perforated plate with 2in shotty

Postby greenguy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

yup blue green brown cheers for all ya help i got some 1.5mm2 3 core in the end i still got the 2.5mm2 3core here as well but the 1.5 was a million times easyer to get into the mac element guards

is the 1.5mm going to be all good they said it was 15amp so assuming it will be sweet if not ill tutu with the 2.5 jam it in there some how
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby greenguy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm

greenguy wrote:yup blue green brown cheers for all ya help i got some 1.5mm2 3 core in the end i still got the 2.5mm2 3core here as well but the 1.5 was a million times easyer to get into the mac element guards

is the 1.5mm going to be all good they said it was 15amp so assuming it will be sweet if not ill tutu with the 2.5 jam it in there some how

After a hour of finger skinning fun :laughing-rolling: i got the flex 2.5mm2 3 core threw :happy-partydance: will do the other one in the morning and get my step dad to wire it up thanks again guys
much help
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware