Electrical Cable Recall

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Electrical Cable Recall

Postby Dominator » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Edit: Double posted for some reason. Mods can you do your thing and delete one. Thanks

I just got an email from the ESO (electrical safety office) re: a cable recall. All Infinity Cable Co cables have been recalled due to an issue with the insulation. Masters is known to have sold this cable, so if you have built a controller or wired up some elements in the last couple of months it might be worth checking the source of your cable.

Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Re: Electrical Cable Recall

Postby bt1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Fuck me and they reckon electrical is safer...

A fat roden's arse I say!

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Yeah gas explosions are so much safer :teasing-neener:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby db1979 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:02 pm

MacStill wrote:Yeah gas explosions are so much safer :teasing-neener:

That's some scary shit!
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby JayD » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Gas or electricity all it takes a a weak link in the chain, wether it be faulty processing on the electrical cable or gas leaking through a un noticed leak...both are inherently dangerous, both need to be inspected for wear and tear at regular interval, I dont think the cable on recall is the same as you would use as a leed for an element, it looks to be household wiring cable.
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby Kimbo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

JayD wrote:Gas or electricity all it takes a a weak link in the chain, wether it be faulty processing on the electrical cable or gas leaking through a un noticed leak...both are inherently dangerous, both need to be inspected for wear and tear at regular interval, I dont think the cable on recall is not the same as you would use as a leed for an element, it looks to be household wiring cable.

:text-+1:
no different to someone who lets their mate connect the gas to their still and then leaves it unattended ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Dominator » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:56 am

JayD wrote: I dont think the cable on recall is the same as you would use as a lead for an element, it looks to be household wiring cable.

On the contrary, the issue is not only with TPS (house wiring) but also with the orange circular, which a lot of people use to wire up their elements.
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby JayD » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:03 am

Dominator wrote:
JayD wrote: I dont think the cable on recall is the same as you would use as a lead for an element, it looks to be household wiring cable.

On the contrary, the issue was not only with TPS (house wiring) but also with the orange circular, which a lot of people use to wire up their elements.

OK...however your post brings credence to our disclaimer above which I composed a long time ago...

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby drunkmore » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Goto love that "Return to point of sale for refund" Um how about the couple of grand it cost too have the sparky rewrite the house with new wiring ??? Not mine luckily but my mates frantic. He's just rewired his house and is now looking at 800 mtrs of cabling throughout house and garage to be redone.
I told him look on the bright side ... At least your calling a sparky not a firey
drunkmore

equipment: Pda1 over a 50ltr Keg cooled via recirculated 2000 ltr water tank
Cookan with Gass

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:17 am

Company that was the importer is in liquidation had the meeting of creditors before the Queensland recall.
wynnum1

Return to Electrical Hardware