5 Star Distilling new element and guard kit

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

5 Star Distilling new element and guard kit

Postby luke777 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Purchased one of the element kits three days ago and the thing arrived to me in Cairns already!!! :o

TIG-ed up the flange:

20131122_150414.jpg

and got my brother (Electrician) to wire it up for me with silicon shielded 200 Deg Celcius rated 2.5mm flex. :-B

20131122_172600.jpg

In a nutshell;

Excellent quality, really fair price and super fast delivery. Can't ask for more than that.

Looking forward to trying it out soon.

Thanks Mac!! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luke777

equipment: 2" Bokakob over 50l keg. Triac controller, all self-made
2" Pot Still in the making.

Re: 5 Star Distilling new element and guard kit

Postby the Doctor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:16 pm

+1 to everything you said Luke...we just wired up nine of these and they are faultless, the FSD elements are the best. They are just so much better than the crap ones I used to use. I have now replaced all of my elements and guard kits with FSD. Couldn't be happier.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby MacStill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:16 pm

You're very welcome Luke777, thanks for your kind words :handgestures-thumbupleft:

These elements are really proving to be very durable, out of over 300 sold I've only had 1 returned that was being used well over it's maximum amp rating :dance:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Yummyrum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:31 pm

MacStill wrote:You're very welcome Luke777, thanks for your kind words :handgestures-thumbupleft:

These elements are really proving to be very durable, out of over 300 sold I've only had 1 returned that was being used well over it's maximum amp rating :dance:

What were they doing? Runing the element between two phases (400v) or running it on an over rev'd genny
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby MacStill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I couldnt say exactly, but it was mistreated for a fair while before it croaked
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Electrical Hardware