Turbo 500 keeps tripping out

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Postby Robj » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi all, my T500 keeps going off mid boil, I have to push the trip button underneath but now it won't come on at all, just wondering if anyone has had the same problem. I wash using it to mash but never got past 42deg, so basically ruined the batch, gratefull for any help
Robj

equipment: Pot still and reflux

Re: Turbo 500 keeps tripping out

Postby Linny » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:16 pm

sounds like the element is dying , but is it plugged directly into the wall ??? does that wall circuit join any other rooms ?
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Postby MacStill » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Dont they have a built in safety device to stop it boiling dry ?

Maybe that's playing up :think:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Element may have completely burnt out now.
wynnum1

Postby Robj » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:25 pm

I was using it to mash, I have a mashing bag inside to stop the grain sitting on the bottom but when I drained it down the bottom of the boiler was burnt, the safety trip had cut it but there a thermal fuse inline and that has gone, just ordered a couple so hopefully that's it, need it sorted for a run next week, cheers for the input guys
Robj

equipment: Pot still and reflux

Postby mrsupraboy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Hey mate had the same problem when I did beer. 2*reasons why it may happen. 1 if the bag touches the element it may trip it out or 2nd is that the grain is blocking the heat from getting to top and over heating. I put a pump on mine and a strainer/cake tin on my to stop both them problems.
mrsupraboy

equipment: T500 urn. With custom made boka and pot still

Postby TheMechwarrior » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:52 pm

You might want to check with Still Spirits mate, they have a safety notice out at the moment regarding the nut underneath, if that's where it's failed then you may have a warranty case ;-)
TheMechwarrior

equipment: Five Star Distilling 6" neutraliser with
100L boiler

Return to Electrical Hardware