sestos D1S-VR-220 PID controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: sestos D1S-VR-220 PID controller

Postby 1 2many » Thu May 22, 2014 9:16 pm

backyard brewdog wrote:Pretty sure my pot controller at the moment is da. I suppose it's only really another $10 to order another ssr. Might just do that.

Do you know if this sestos has the ramp/soak function or would it be a manual thing like a stc1000

No ramp/soak function. :sad:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby mickiboi » Thu May 22, 2014 10:43 pm

1 2many wrote:
backyard brewdog wrote:So let me get this right because i was thinking of wiring something similar up myself.

I can't use the same ssr to control via pot and a pid?

I was thinking of using a cam switch like this

Position 1 - Full power (Bypass ssr)
Position 2 - Pot control
Position 3 - PID control

The ssr required for a pid is different to the one for a pot?

what type of SSR do you have there is the DA type that uses a seperate controller as in a PID or PWM , Arduino, raspberry PI. And there is the VA type that is controlled by a pot.
ssr type.jpg

The Sestos has a manual output function on it. See earlier posts.
mickiboi

equipment: Alex25

Postby 1 2many » Fri May 23, 2014 5:29 pm

mickiboi wrote:
1 2many wrote:
backyard brewdog wrote:So let me get this right because i was thinking of wiring something similar up myself.

I can't use the same ssr to control via pot and a pid?

I was thinking of using a cam switch like this

Position 1 - Full power (Bypass ssr)
Position 2 - Pot control
Position 3 - PID control

The ssr required for a pid is different to the one for a pot?

what type of SSR do you have there is the DA type that uses a seperate controller as in a PID or PWM , Arduino, raspberry PI. And there is the VA type that is controlled by a pot.
ssr type.jpg

The Sestos has a manual output function on it. See earlier posts.

Thanks mate yes it does I understand where your coming from now, It finally showed up today so will hook it up and have a play with the manual mode it may even make things easier. Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware