Power controller for elements

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: Power controller for elements

Postby Mad » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:04 pm

yes enclosed box - no to the fan which I knew it was something I was going to have to include just hadn't gotten the fan yet lol. i had it sitting away in the cool and it was partially open to air and I thought I had sufficient breeze coming through the shed on to it, the box was warm but never unberable. so summing up 12 I probably didn't do everything I should have to keep the unit safe :oops: . I've bought the higher rated 1 more for the point a 4000w won't suit if I choose to upgrade to a 4800w element and it sure cant hurt running only 3600w on it. at the price these units sell for....... worth having spares
Mad

equipment: SS Super Reflux(retired), 3600w keg boiler, 3" stainless boka with 4 Barrel shotty

Postby WTDist » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:20 pm

1 2many wrote:This is the earth terminal I referred to before, I can't see why it couldn't be used.

I would rather that then no earth.

Is this the earth spot to connect to, the screw right on the corner? im going to use a plastic box
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby rumdidlydum » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:16 pm

As good as eny ':like:'
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby WTDist » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:29 pm

cheers ':like:'

your really liking that like button :laughing-rolling:
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware