Is this suitable?

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Is this suitable?

Postby theozzman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Hey guys. I am looking for a means to control the boiler on my T500 so I can tweak the reflux temp and hopefully get better neutral.

I ahve seen this item on ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231373281071

According to the seller it is suitable, but he does not have good English. The details claim it is suited for items uo to 4000W, my boiler is 2000W.

Ultimately I will use the boiler and build a new reflux column, the best I can, as well as a really got pot still. I like simple designs, so a thump and worm is appealing to me. It means I can use the same boiler and greatly reduce my costs on new stills.

Anyone have any advice?

Cheers

ozzman
theozzman

equipment: T500 boiler with extended column

Re: Is this suitable?

Postby Holy McBuff » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 pm

My advice is to buy one direct from hong kong for about $9, just search for "voltage controller" and you'll find them :handgestures-thumbupleft: if money is no object then go for it, it will be a few weeks quicker
Holy McBuff

equipment: Nothing I'm proud enough to talk about :/

Postby thegoose » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey oz it is in another post somewhere I have that exact unit, been going strong for a few years now with no problems, get it wired up by a sparky in an approved enclosure :handgestures-thumbupleft: As McBuff said you can get them cheaper direct mine 4 bucks delivered a few years ago
thegoose

equipment: Retired 2" boka
3" modular bubbler

Postby theozzman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Beauty guys, great news!

I will see how I go, if I can wait I will get the dealer direct.

As for wiring it, I am no electrician but understand electrics enough to know whats safe and whats not....theorretically could a non qualified person attach the wires, insulate and mount it themselves?

I am just heading off to search for the post mentioning this unit.

Thanks guys. I just wanted to mention too, I have been on a few boards and seems people here are very respectful and patient, as well as helpful. Sometimes I search and miss things in plain sight. Due to time issues I am usually in a rush and it's great for people to be understanding and respectful.

Much appreciated!
theozzman

equipment: T500 boiler with extended column

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:10 pm

pm sent
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Return to Electrical Hardware