Building a controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: Building a controller

Postby Doubleuj » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi Atreu, I'm in rocky and will be getting a sparky mate to do my controller but not sure when, I'm about to head back away for work and will be gone for a month or so. If you can't get something sorted before then I can ask my mate if he would do 2 at once, sure it won't be a problem might just cost a carton, that's what I'll give him for mine. I'll pm you my number either way, would be good to catch up with a fellow distiller for a beer( or whisky) or two :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Tassie Tiger » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 am

RCD is a Residual Current Device that monitors the difference between Active Neutral & Earth currents or Amps.
If you touch a wire & an external Earth supply like a tap or metal shed etc it will detect the difference between the Active & Neutral power supply & trip the power supply.
A fuse will not blow in that situation.
Safety First, It's worth spending the money to get it done properly instead of using a mate who once knew an electrician.
Tassie Tiger

equipment: Reflux & Pot

Postby Atreu » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Tassie Tiger wrote:RCD is a Residual Current Device that monitors the difference between Active Neutral & Earth currents or Amps.
If you touch a wire & an external Earth supply like a tap or metal shed etc it will detect the difference between the Active & Neutral power supply & trip the power supply.
A fuse will not blow in that situation.
Safety First, It's worth spending the money to get it done properly instead of using a mate who once knew an electrician.

Hi Tassie Tiger,

You're right, saftey is the first and most important priority.

Perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself in the welcome center as well.

Happy stilling!
Atreu

equipment: 5SD 4" 5 plate Bubbler with Packed Section... And an 8", 5SD inline thumper.

5SD carter head coming soon!!

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware