Weldless Elements

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Weldless Elements

Postby WTDist » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:25 am

Im curious on how to install weld-less elements with guards.

In the future ill ditch the T500, rather sell and move to a bigger boiler with most likely weld-less elements. Im wondering how these are installed. Ive seen threads where people are adding ferrules in the bottom of their keg for elements but i am unsure what im actually viewing :?

Do they slide in and tighten to seal from both sides of the keg (inside and out) on itself with a seal, or are they a tri-clamp seal so you can remove them from ferules, as in have a ferrule there and push the element in and tri-clamp it in place?

I've looked over and over again at their pics on FSD store but i cant make it out after seeing build threads 8-}

really curious on the process of adding weld-less elements with guards from FSD as i will get them in the future.

Cheers
WTD
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Re: Weldless Elements

Postby Doubleuj » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:40 am

I'll have a better look when I get home but from memory its a single nut with a single seal.
you drill a 32mm hole, insert the element "probe" and then reach inside the boiler and tighten the nut.
easy as :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I didn't get the guards but sure they just tighten over the back of the element with screw clamps.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby WalterWhite » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 am

My selfless elements were easy as ... Drill a 32mm hole. Drop the cable down in to the keg and pull it through the gloryhole with the thread from the element. Tighten the nut on the outside! Simples :laughing-rolling:
WalterWhite

equipment: 35L Digiboil with power control, 2” copper pot combo with optional extended column.

Postby WTDist » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:59 am

excellent, that's what i thought originally but i started getting confused when i saw boiler builds 8-}
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby Doubleuj » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:43 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby rumdidlydum » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:23 pm

Doubleuj wrote::handgestures-thumbupleft:

2400w of pure throbbing muscle their :D
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby res » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:03 am

I use the FSD weldless elements, and the element guard.
The guard replaces the external nut in the above photo with a two piece guard try clamped in the center.
Once wired up instalation was easy. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Return to Electrical Hardware