Wiring diagram for FSD elements

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Wiring diagram for FSD elements

Postby Crusty » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 pm

I know its best to get an electrician to wire my elements but would anyone care to share a coloured wiring diagram for the 2400w elements. I take full responsibility if I frazzle myself.
I have wired several STC 1000 temp controllers without issue.
Cheers
Crusty

equipment: 4" FSD Neutraliser
100lt Milk Can Boiler with 1 x 3600W & 1 x 2400w FSD elements
Head Brewer @The Wobbly Chook Brewing Company

Re: Wiring diagram for FSD elements

Postby Woodsy71 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:13 pm

No mate,

I'd hope not

The mere fact your asking for a diagram suggests that you need a sparky!!

Not saying you can't do it.......just strongly suggesting you shouldn't be doing it :smile:

Woodsy71

equipment: CM and a Pot

Postby Crusty » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:44 pm

I'll get a sparky to give it a look over. I just want to do the majority of it myself. What's a good cable length? 2m or so?
Crusty

Postby Matt_Pl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi Mate,

As a licenced sparkie the job to wire up an element would take ten minutes. Rather than give you the information you need I'd rather tell you to go down to your nearest wholesaler Saturday morning and hit up the first sparkie you see arrive. Give him $50 bucks to do it. It's a far site cheaper than you doing it, plugging it in then touching your still and being stuck to it until someone walks into your house and you smell like roast beef. Don't stuff around with something you know nothing about that can easily kill you.

Personally I've wired mine in 2.5mm orange circular cable. The length of the cable depends on where you plan to put your still. Just be aware if you are running two 2.4kw elements you cannot have them plugged into the same circuit or you will trip your circuit protection (unless nothing else is plugged into the circuit and even then your running at the limits of your breaker at 20 amps).

Good luck
Matt_Pl

equipment: 4" FSD Neutraliser, custom made 50 litre SS Keg Boiler powered by 4800 killer wasps.

Postby Crusty » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 am

Matt_Pl wrote:Hi Mate,

As a licenced sparkie the job to wire up an element would take ten minutes. Rather than give you the information you need I'd rather tell you to go down to your nearest wholesaler Saturday morning and hit up the first sparkie you see arrive. Give him $50 bucks to do it. It's a far site cheaper than you doing it, plugging it in then touching your still and being stuck to it until someone walks into your house and you smell like roast beef. Don't stuff around with something you know nothing about that can easily kill you.

Personally I've wired mine in 2.5mm orange circular cable. The length of the cable depends on where you plan to put your still. Just be aware if you are running two 2.4kw elements you cannot have them plugged into the same circuit or you will trip your circuit protection (unless nothing else is plugged into the circuit and even then your running at the limits of your breaker at 20 amps).

Good luck

Thanks buddy.
Solid advice & I hear ya.
I've organised a sparky to come round this afternoon.
Cheers
Crusty

Return to Electrical Hardware