FSD Weldless element install gasket issue

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Re: FSD Weldless element install gasket issue

Postby EziTasting » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:30 pm

WTDist wrote:gota pic, or two from diff angles? might help sort out the problem :handgestures-thumbupleft:

It's not very remarkable. What you see is what you get; which is precisely the reason I got it!
I've looked and there's not a little screw any where, so logic would suggest it get grounded to the keg. That then means I need to create an earthing point on the keg itself!

Pic (maybe):
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Re: FSD Weldless element install gasket issue

Postby rumdidlydum » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:05 pm

rumdidlydum wrote:
EziTasting wrote:
rumsponge wrote:just as an addon: you have to make sure that the entire still/boiler is grounded NOT just the ferrule.

Glad I asked!

Just had a closer look, my heaters don't sit in a guard like that. I have drilled a hole into the back of my boiler and my elements are inserted from the inside thru to the outside, hence Weldless...

So mine don't have that little screw! :oops:

So, ... what do I do?

Drill a hole in the top of the keg, where the handels are then put a bolt in it.
Or if you have legs on the boiler drill a hole in one of the legs and tap a thread in. (This is what I have done)
Or if you have a tig weld a stud next to the element.

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Previous

Return to Electrical Hardware