STC 1000

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

STC 1000

Postby WTDist » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:45 am

So i need to buy an STC1000 for fermenting. Time to order one online at that famous ebay site again :))

Can someone tell me if this one is good enough? I know i need to get a box and cables for it, or old plugs which i have plenty of. Is this STC1000 good?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-STC-1000-All-Purpose-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-With-Sensor-BT-/262070565060?hash=item3d049f78c4:g:5qQAAOSw37tWCktX
wiring it up will be easy. just want to make sure i get a good one :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Im going to make a PID also soon for mashing but if i want to use the STC in the meantime is there an SSR i would need to attach so it can handle 2kW element? I also have a power controller to lower power for better temperature control.

Cheers
WTD
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Re: STC 1000

Postby rumdidlydum » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:58 am

rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby WTDist » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:51 am

Is that the temp sensor i see in the pic?

The STC will be for fermenters.
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby rumdidlydum » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Yep. :D
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby tipsy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:57 pm

WTDist wrote:Can someone tell me if this one is good enough?

I've been using one for years, controlling a freezer and heat pad. Awesome for fermenting. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby Sam. » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:57 am

tipsy wrote:
WTDist wrote:Can someone tell me if this one is good enough?

I've been using one for years, controlling a freezer and heat pad. Awesome for fermenting. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:text-+1: and that's a damn good price too :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Return to Electrical Hardware