Distilling controller.

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Distilling controller.

Postby Peregian » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Just replaced the Sestos pid, in the control box, with an Auber distilling controller.

The units were out of stock when the order was placed and when the new model arrived was offered a free upgrade to the DSPR400.

Will test run in a few days using it on the reflux still doing a spirit run.

Only problem I can see is the 2 alarm outputs are 120 volts AC, so would need to use a relay for switching.

After I give things a run I will add to this post. All the info and manual is in the link below.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=559
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peregian

equipment: Keg for boiler (element), Pot still head for stripping and a Nixon Stone offset head stainless still for spirit runs.

Re: Distilling controller.

Postby bluc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Looks flash :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Sparky1000 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:38 am

Ooooh i want one
Sparky1000

equipment: None yet

Postby Kenster » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Per, pardon my genuine ignorance, but WTF does it supposed to do?
Kenster

equipment: Still Spirits... turbo 500...retired.(Boiler retained, added 3kw element with variable temp)
RPG...3''x1200mm LM/VM combo...400mm double wound coldie
3''x1200mm copper pot & shares leibig from combo.

Postby bluc » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Ill have a guess two displays on left for temp middle display for volts/amps and pid on the right. Guessing a mash controller..? ...or an automated temp controller for a reflux still..
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Kenster » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Gotta laugh, Sparky, what on earth would you do with it, given that your profile says you have NO stuff... juz kiddin...(sorry couldnt help myself)
Kenster

equipment: Still Spirits... turbo 500...retired.(Boiler retained, added 3kw element with variable temp)

Postby Peregian » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:50 am

bluc wrote:Ill have a guess two displays on left for temp middle display for volts/amps and pid on the right. Guessing a mash controller..? ...or an automated temp controller for a reflux still..

Spot-on it is exactly what you described, I mainly use it with the reflux still..................the two temp readouts on the far left are used for boiler and water temperatures ..............the volt/watts is in the center ............distilling controller (PID) on the far right.

The distilling controller can also be used for mashing, recently it was used to control the temperature in a sous vide for vacuum infusing gin.

With this distilling controller connected to a SSR no other controls are required as the boiler can be controlled by a set temperature or the percentage of power fed to the elements.

The distilling controller has a small knob that is rotated to vary the percentage of power output via the SSR , this can be from 0% to 100%.

The controller has two modes, distilling or mashing, it is more dedicated to the still/mash use than my original PID and has less options in the setup process.
Peregian

equipment: Keg for boiler (element), Pot still head for stripping and a Nixon Stone offset head stainless still for spirit runs.

Postby rumsponge » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:45 am

Would love to see some more pictures of the build.
Where do you get your temp gauges, volt/watt meter and case from ?
Cheers, RS
rumsponge

equipment: FSD 4" Neutralizer, 50L keg boiler with 2x2.4kW elements, 60L and 200L fermenters

Postby Sparky1000 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:09 am

Kenster wrote:Gotta laugh, Sparky, what on earth would you do with it, given that your profile says you have NO stuff... juz kiddin...(sorry couldnt help myself)

So i can check the diff temps on the inside and outside of my work pants on a hot day :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sparky1000

Postby Kenster » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Sparky, i deserved that...cheers man.
Kenster

Postby Sparky1000 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:57 am

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sparky1000

Return to Electrical Hardware