Small pot still

Pot still design and discussion

Re: Small pot still

Postby Potmash Boka » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Love your build, fairly simple and semi-recycled. Chuck some pieces of bent up sheet into that middle section of the pot and you should be sweet as. Should make a sweet Rum or Whisky. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Potmash Boka

equipment: 2" pot and 4" thumper, 4" pot, 2" SS reflux, 2.5" Boka. 4" 5 plate bubbler( almost done, need to some bits and to make the column round again). SS boiler, 80L keg, 50L keg and a 30L keg boilers.
Various pieces of copper pipe laying around for future experiments.

Postby Decan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks alot guys Ill master this little puppy first and then I will most likely build a bubbler (my first two runs have shown that I am going to get addicted to this :handgestures-thumbupleft: )as for the copper will a copper parrot do or dose it have to be in the steam path. I did a test run tonight with some old beer and it came out twice as fast as the vinegar run I did on the weekend is this normal.
Decan

equipment: Stainless steel pot still

Postby Sam. » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Yeah mate your still will run better with alcohol in it instead of vinegar ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:25 pm

You need copper in the vapour path, you can stuff some mesh somewhere I'm sure but you don't want to restrict the tiny pipes you have too much or you will blow the little fkr up
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Canuck » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:09 am

nice skills Decan! :handgestures-thumbupleft: different approach than most, where did the basic design idea come from?
Canuck

equipment: 44" *2" VM column with double wound condenser. modular 3" VM/pot (214 cm vm,160cm pot), 50 cm 2" shot pc 4*1/2", triple wound condenser with cold finger

Previous

Return to Pot Stills