Think about making a pot still

Pot still design and discussion

Re: Think about making a pot still

Postby copperhead road » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Or check out the glass duck build thread, I just seen it and it's a ripper :handgestures-thumbupleft:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Postby copperhead road » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:03 am

Being doing lots of reading on glassers and the concept of being able to see inside the column is awesome. Am I correct that the bottom sections are the ones mainly watching during runs and if you loose the first or second plate (as in stops bubbling) you start more reflux to rectify this.... :think:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Postby woodduck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am

This is off topic here really and I appoligise nd. A mod might move this off somewhere else.

I watch all the plates but top and bottom are the most important. You need to see the top one to start with to make sure the plates are loading and not bypassing up the down commer then the bottom glass will give you an indication of when tails are coming.

Yes if the plates were to run dry I would put more flow through the rc to get more liquid alc/reflux back down the colomn.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Nd83 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:10 pm

I love the change up woodduck keeps everyone on their toes
Nd83

equipment: Homemade reflux

Previous

Return to Pot Stills