Airstill sizes

Pot still design and discussion

Airstill sizes

Postby crow » Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

@ Frank : hey Frank how big is your Airstill just I saw one advertised as holding 10 + ltrs does that sound right ?
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: Airstill sizes

Postby Frank » Mon May 28, 2012 8:40 pm

My airstill is big enough thanks (I've never had complaints anyway).... ;-) :laughing-rolling:
Mate, its 4 litres, I think they 'all' are ( :?: ) mind you, I've really go NFI.... :laughing-rolling:

Oh, I also have NFI whether it is right that you saw/heard one advertised as holding 10+ litres.. how could I???
It probably depends on your level of intoxication/gullability at the time/failure to comprehend what is actually being advertised etc (no personal offence intended at all here mate, just how BS advertising works...see Image for instance)

and therein lies the question ????
Frank

Postby crow » Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm

ah ha this might be what the sneaky bastards were on about ;-)
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby SCBandit » Mon May 28, 2012 10:48 pm

I have seen several kits advertised on Ebay as 10ltr Airstill set ups. Turns out the Airstill is 4 ltrs however the companion pack ( Fermenter) has a capacity to hold 10 ltrs :sad: 8-}
SCBandit

equipment: Air still, reflux Still

Postby billjov » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 am

I believe 10lt represent the wash amount not how much the air still hold. The pack includes, 2kg dextrose, a smaller liquid carbon packet and turbo clear along with a pack of carbon filters.

The box is a little missleading. Yes, the box has an air still but has ingredients to do only 10litres.
billjov

equipment: Pot still

Return to Pot Stills